new uniforms for 2018

ChrisBabcock

Re: new uniforms for 2018

Post by ChrisBabcock »

JWL wrote:In case anybody missed it last week, the Jets will have new uniforms in 2019. The new look will be unveiled in April.
I may be in the minority here but I hope they go back to, or the new uniforms are based on their circa 1978-1997 look.
Jay Z

Post by Jay Z »

ChrisBabcock wrote:
JWL wrote:In case anybody missed it last week, the Jets will have new uniforms in 2019. The new look will be unveiled in April.
I may be in the minority here but I hope they go back to, or the new uniforms are based on their circa 1978-1997 look.
I am with you. The 1978-97 was better than the "classic" one. The classic one is junky and hideous.

I don't know how much the love for that uni is from SB III. Maybe most to all of it.
74_75_78_79_

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

Jay Z wrote:
ChrisBabcock wrote:
I am with you. The 1978-97 was better than the "classic" one. The classic one is junky and hideous.

I don't know how much the love for that uni is from SB III. Maybe most to all of it.
For me, it’s ’78-thru-’89 to be more specific. I didn’t like ’90-thru-’97 at all. If they go back to the former, I hope it’s not an ‘updated’ version but the 100% actual.

I also like the NY Titans unis if only because of the unique color-combo. I’d like to see the next NFL expansion team, perhaps, apply that.
7DnBrnc53

Post by 7DnBrnc53 »

I hope they switch back to a green helmet. They already have two white-helmeted teams in their division (Dolphins and Jets).

On a side note, I would also love to see NE switch to a red or blue helmet with a new logo (no more silver, no more Flying Elvis).
Andrew McKillop

Post by Andrew McKillop »

7DnBrnc53 wrote:
I hope they switch back to a green helmet. They already have two white-helmeted teams in their division (Dolphins and Jets).

On a side note, I would also love to see NE switch to a red or blue helmet with a new logo (no more silver, no more Flying Elvis).
On a somewhat related note, every team in the AFC East had white helmets from 1970-1977.
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

I'm one of the rare ones who likes our 1990-1997 look best of all with the black accents. I didn't mind the switch back to the Namath era uniforms but they weren't true enough to them. The helmet logo morphed to an oval instead of a football. The green was too dark. Then darkened again

The Jets throwback logo and uni's sell pretty well. Reading the tea leaves I would think an updated 80's uniform is what's in store for us.
7DnBrnc53

Post by 7DnBrnc53 »

sheajets wrote:
I'm one of the rare ones who likes our 1990-1997 look best of all with the black accents.
I didn't mind the switch back to the Namath era uniforms but they weren't true enough to them. The helmet logo morphed to an oval instead of a football. The green was too dark. Then darkened again

The Jets throwback logo and uni's sell pretty well. Reading the tea leaves I would think an updated 80's uniform is what's in store for us.
I like those the best as well, although the unis weren't as nice the last three years of the green helmet era.
JWL

Post by JWL »

sheajets wrote:I'm one of the rare ones who likes our 1990-1997 look best of all with the black accents. I didn't mind the switch back to the Namath era uniforms but they weren't true enough to them. The helmet logo morphed to an oval instead of a football. The green was too dark. Then darkened again

The switch to an updated version of the old look was welcomed by me in 1998. A few years later, the shoulder loops got smaller and were rendered non-effective. It wasn't as awful a look as the Colts (see Austin Collie's uniform for the most egregious example) but it was not good. I no longer liked the look and thought a uniform change was necessary.

A lot of activity in the shoulder/armpit/arms area is not good anymore in this new era of smaller, skin-tight jerseys.

I like how the 1980s Jets jerseys had huge TV numbers. If they return to that and, of course, have them on top of the shoulder pads, it would be nice. If they go back to using the old logo with a jet on top of the word "Jets", then they should italicize the jersey numbers with the same font. Based on the team name alone, the Jets are the team that best fits with having italicized numbers. While I am at it, the Steelers should go back to the basic block style numbers.
7DnBrnc53

Post by 7DnBrnc53 »

While I am at it, the Steelers should go back to the basic block style numbers.
Agreed.

Also, another team that needs a change is the Broncos. In my opinion, they need a drastic overhaul.

I am not sure, but one reason for their current look may have been because Bowlen was preparing to move the team in case he didn't get the new stadium built.
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

For Denver, this look with white pants would be perfect