Joe Thomas "honors"

Discuss candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the PFRA's Hall of Very Good
JohnTurney

Joe Thomas "honors"

Post by JohnTurney »

TanksAndSpartans

Re: Joe Thomas "honors"

Post by TanksAndSpartans »

John, I thought of Cal Hubbard and Ed Heally right away. What was the criteria to make this list?
bachslunch

Post by bachslunch »

No question that Joe Thomas (8/10/10s?) has the honors and then some to make the HoF, and likely first ballot. Definitely all time elite level numbers at his position. He’s played 11 years now, which is a sufficiently long career, plus he made the pro bowl every season until this year.

Jason Peters (4/9/10s?) will probably have no trouble getting in as well, though probably not first ballot unless he’s the best first time eligible player in a weak year. The other OT very likely to make the 10s all decade team is Tyron Smith, and at 5/5/10s? after playing seven seasons, he’s well on his way — one or two more pro bowl nods and 3-4 more seasons total should make him a lock.
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

TanksAndSpartans wrote:John, I thought of Cal Hubbard and Ed Heally right away. What was the criteria to make this list?
Modern tackles, post WWII
TanksAndSpartans

Post by TanksAndSpartans »

JohnTurney wrote:
TanksAndSpartans wrote:John, I thought of Cal Hubbard and Ed Heally right away. What was the criteria to make this list?
Modern tackles, post WWII
Thanks.
James

Joe Thomas "honors"

Post by James »

To me, Joe Thomas is a first ballot hall of famer, and one of the best Tackles I've seen in a long time.
Axes Grind and Maces Clash!
sluggermatt15

Post by sluggermatt15 »

James wrote:To me, Joe Thomas is a first ballot hall of famer, and one of the best Tackles I've seen in a long time.
I agree. He's done it on a real bad team, too, which also says that he's been awesome. JT belongs in Canton.