NFL Player Play Count

Tod Maher

NFL Player Play Count

Post by Tod Maher »

I've added what I think is some very interesting and unique data to my Pro Football Archives (www.profootballarchives.com) website - offensive and defensive play count and play stat data for the 2007 through 2013 NFL seasons.
These are official numbers culled from the NFGSIS. These are not the snap count totals you see in the gamebooks. Those totals include plays wiped out by penalties. The numbers I am presenting are just the plays that counted statistically as offensive (and thus defensive plays and there will be the odd fake and aborted punt and field goal) plays.
They also include the number of rushing and passing plays a player was involved in. Unfortunately, sacks are are included in the pass play totals and a separate category. They also included the overall yardage (not net yards - for some reason own and opponent fumble recovery yardage is included in the totals), first downs gained, touchdowns scored, fumbles lost and interceptions.
Tod Maher

Re: NFL Player Play Count

Post by Tod Maher »

Well, I just noticed I repeated the Rushing Yardage totals. I'll re-run the pages with missing totals. Ugh!
Last edited by Tod Maher on Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

Nice work, Tod.

I'm always looking at snap counts but play count is just as useful, to me.
King Kong

Post by King Kong »

I like the play counts being included on your site.