Owens choosing not to attend his Hall of Fame induction

ChrisBabcock

Re: Owens choosing not to attend his Hall of Fame induction

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Thurman Thomas brought up at the convention as well... TO has now painted himself into a corner. He can't show up to any future HOF induction and not expect to be resoundingly booed. Although he may have no intention of ever setting foot on the grounds of the hall for the rest of his life.
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

ChrisBabcock wrote:Thurman Thomas brought up at the convention as well... TO has now painted himself into a corner. He can't show up to any future HOF induction and not expect to be resoundingly booed. Although he may have no intention of ever setting foot on the grounds of the hall for the rest of his life.
I think after the TO HOF debacle, you won't see another athlete pull a stunt of this kind, announce a good deal ahead of time that he has no plans whatsoever to attend the Hall of Fame induction for their specific sport. If it is a health issue or a family crisis that pops up at the last minute, that would of course be understood.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
JohnBowen

Post by JohnBowen »

After all the campaigning and whining by him about getting into the hall, it seems silly to "sit it out". I thought it was tacky that he whined so much about not being in. He mwnaged to top that. Good player, great player, even greater distraction throughout his career. I would like them to "revoke" his membership all together.
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

JohnBowen wrote:After all the campaigning and whining by him about getting into the hall, it seems silly to "sit it out". I thought it was tacky that he whined so much about not being in. He mwnaged to top that. Good player, great player, even greater distraction throughout his career. I would like them to "revoke" his membership all together.
How about putting a giant frown on his HOF bust? Or adding one of those Snidley Whiplash mustaches?
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
lastcat3

Post by lastcat3 »

I say don't give him a bust or anything. All they will do is if people choose to look up online who the hall of fame members are his name will be on that list. But there will be nothing in Canton that will say anything about him.
JKelly

Post by JKelly »

Most of you guys sound like petulant children. It was his honor and he has a right to celebrate it how and where he likes. I know it's his way of telling the NFL @#$% You and that in itself is rather childish but that is the way he feels. Deal with it.
Sometimes traditions need something like this to improve or correct themselves because let's face it the Football HOF election process could use some tweeking.
JeffreyMiller

Post by JeffreyMiller »

JKelly wrote:Most of you guys sound like petulant children. It was his honor and he has a right to celebrate it how and where he likes. I know it's his way of telling the NFL @#$% You and that in itself is rather childish but that is the way he feels. Deal with it.
Sometimes traditions need something like this to improve or correct themselves because let's face it the Football HOF election process could use some tweeking.
Oh, please explain ….
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

JKelly wrote:Most of you guys sound like petulant children. It was his honor and he has a right to celebrate it how and where he likes. I know it's his way of telling the NFL @#$% You and that in itself is rather childish but that is the way he feels. Deal with it.
Not really. It's fine as it is

Guys like Owens and Moss, while HOF players, were and are still unlikable jerks and all about themselves
bachslunch

Post by bachslunch »

JKelly wrote:Sometimes traditions need something like this to improve or correct themselves because let's face it the Football HOF election process could use some tweeking.
I think it's pretty much fine for regular candidates as is, though it definitely needs work on the Senior side of things.

Dare I ask, what kind of tweaking did you have in mind?