Chuck Bednarik

oldecapecod11

Re: Chuck Bednarik

Post by oldecapecod11 »

For those who misconstrued my earlier reference to the Bednarik death and mention by Ken, here is his post.
Attachments
BIO Bednarik death.jpg
BIO Bednarik death.jpg (70.45 KiB) Viewed 15204 times
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister
paulksandiego

Post by paulksandiego »

oldecapecod 11 wrote:Wendell, I sent you an e-mail with a brief explanation concerning the insertion of a link.
If it does not work for you, send a PM to Ken Crippen.
I don't think anyone from the bored will try to help you. That has not been on their agenda - helping members, that is.

Oh jeez, man you really need to get on some meds, or perhaps, stop taking too many of the ones you're already on, I don't know which is the case. Must you troll respond to everyone's inquiries to push your agendas? Did someone run over your dog, steal your candy bar, scratch your Patti Page record? Why don't you run for office and run the organization the way you see fit? Nah, easier to blast everyone rather than take the chance on being the blasted. Are you being paid for your perfomance?

If your goal is to turn this board into an unpleasant place to visit and/or post, you are certainly succeeding where I'm concerned. Been that way for several months now.

Out.
RichS

Post by RichS »

Are the PFRA and this blog related sites?
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

RichS wrote:Are the PFRA and this blog related sites?
a few members of PFRA post there, but it is not officialy related.
Bob Gill

Post by Bob Gill »

Well, it IS called the PFRA Forum.
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

JohnTurney wrote:a few members of PFRA post there, but it is not officialy related.
Good of place as any to post this, but I've long had an idea for the PFRA main page - since it's essentially never updated with anything other than the new Coffin Corner issue.

We should/could use it as a way to show what PFRA members are doing at their own sites. Promote everyone's work, dual purpose of showing the type of work that PFRA members do, as well as promoting and linking to PFRA members sites. Of course it would be an opt-in operation (only those that wanted their sites involved), but the way I envision it is something like this:

(picture the front page of the PFRA site this time next year/2016)
---
Defeat Factor: 2015 Season in Review by Nick Webster
(single line saying what article is about)
http://nflfootballjournal.blogspot.com/2016/(rest of hypothetical link)

2015 NFL Game Weather Data
The Pro Football Archives had added 2015 weather data.
http://www.profootballarchives.com/weat ... ather.html

The Coffin Corner Volume 38 Number 1
(list of articles)
Available for immediate Download in the Members Only section (Join PFRA Today to get your issue)

Interview with (insert player)
Ken Crippen interviewed (insert player)
Available in the Members Only section and at kencrippen.com

1920 Hammond Pros Uniforms
The Hammond Pros uniforms are now listed at GUD.
http://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/1920.html
---

Something like that, it's content that updates the PFRA front page and it's free publicity for PFRA members doing work.

It could be updated daily, I would be willing to help notify whoever runs the front page of the site when a PFRA members site has a new article or is updated with new information, since I visit most of them daily or at least frequently enough.
RichS

Post by RichS »

Just a little surprised. Most sites/forums caution against if not outright ban soliciting or promoting your own work.

As mentioned earlier, trying to understand the lay of the land here.
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

Concrete Charlie has been my favorite player since I started reading about football.
I would really like to have met him before he passed. I'm very sad to hear of his passing.

I'm very disappointed members of this forum are using this thread to discuss anything other than Chuck Bednarik.

How about some stories about my favorite player in a thread devoted to his passing?
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »

RichS wrote:Bednarik's family is blaming his death on "dementia and Alzheimer's related to football injuries."

He was 89.

Not to diminish his family's pain over Bednarik's death, a time when people reach for answers, but we should all be lucky enough to live to be 89.

At that age the cause of death could be a host of issues.
Agreed. Last year, my 86-year-old aunt died of a number issues, some related to dementia, and I'm pretty sure she never played football.