COFFIN CORNER VOLUME 46 NUMBER 3

George Bozeka

COFFIN CORNER VOLUME 46 NUMBER 3

Post by George Bozeka »

COFFIN CORNER VOLUME 46 NUMBER 3 is now available in Members Only. The issue includes the following:

PFRA-ternizing Executive Director Lee Elder updates with news about the production of The Coffin Corner. President George Bozeka discusses the history of the PFRA and a new drive to reach 1,000 members before the Association celebrates its 50th Anniversary.

Pro Football's Biggest Upset of 1968?
Think the 1968 Jets were involved in pro football’s greatest upset? You might be right, but it is probably not the game you’re thinking of. Budd Bailey investigates some of the greatest upsets, starting with the 1968 regular season game between the Jets and Bills.

How Canada Nearly Passed on the Forward Pass
McGill University coach Frank ‘Shag’ Shaughnessy played a leading role in bringing the forward of pass to Canadian football. The idea had important opponents. Ryan C. Christiansen examines the eventual adoption of the controversial idea.

The Early History of the Touchdown Touchdown’s distant ancestor is the Maul in Goal. Ben Carpenter details the path one took to become the other. And if that isn’t enough, Carpenter then details football’s strangest play, the safety.

Jumping Fences: A Brief Story of the Colts To everyone’s misfortune, temporary editor Lee Elder had a page to fill. His brief history of the Colts franchises compares the team to the legendary Triple Crown winning horse Whirlaway and commits other acts of literary heresy.
ChrisBabcock

Re: COFFIN CORNER VOLUME 46 NUMBER 3

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Jumping Fences: A Brief Story of the Colts To everyone’s misfortune, temporary editor Lee Elder had a page to fill. His brief history of the Colts franchises compares the team to the legendary Triple Crown winning horse Whirlaway and commits other acts of literary heresy.
I remember having an NFL Record and Fact book when I was a kid (1981 I believe?) that listed the years active of the Colts as 1950, 1953-present. Of course I didn't question that. There were the Colts in the 1950 standings! Then the team must have been "resurrected" in 1953 I guess. Of course no 1946-49 AAFC standings were listed. :lol: :roll: