"Who Am I?" trivia

Gary Najman

Re: "Who Am I?" trivia

Post by Gary Najman »

These trivia is about two defensive ends, who were teammates for three seasons (and starters in their tenth year in the NFL). Both were drafted in laterr rounds the same year, and both scored their only career TD in a fumble return of more than 50 yards each some years earlier (with three seasons of difference). One of them retired after his 10th season, the other one year later (In that 10th season, their team drafted a defensive end in the first round). Both veterans never were selected to the Pro Bowl (and also the rookie never went to the Pro Bowl). Who are we?
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Teo wrote:These trivia is about two defensive ends, who were teammates for three seasons (and starters in their tenth year in the NFL). Both were drafted in laterr rounds the same year, and both scored their only career TD in a fumble return of more than 50 yards each some years earlier (with three seasons of difference). One of them retired after his 10th season, the other one year later (In that 10th season, their team drafted a defensive end in the first round). Both veterans never were selected to the Pro Bowl (and also the rookie never went to the Pro Bowl). Who are we?

-and-

(Ron Yankowski)
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

Bryan wrote:
Teo wrote:These trivia is about two defensive ends, who were teammates for three seasons (and starters in their tenth year in the NFL). Both were drafted in laterr rounds the same year, and both scored their only career TD in a fumble return of more than 50 yards each some years earlier (with three seasons of difference). One of them retired after his 10th season, the other one year later (In that 10th season, their team drafted a defensive end in the first round). Both veterans never were selected to the Pro Bowl (and also the rookie never went to the Pro Bowl). Who are we?

-and-

(Ron Yankowski)
Correct! And Curtis Greer was drafted to replace Yankowski.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

In my first eight games as an NFL head coach I defeated three legendary Hall of Fame coaches (in the HOF as coaches, too), and then proceeded to go 13-37 for the remainder of my head coaching career, being fired partway through my fourth season.

Who am I?
sluggermatt15

Post by sluggermatt15 »

Bryan wrote:In my first eight games as an NFL head coach I defeated three legendary Hall of Fame coaches (in the HOF as coaches, too), and then proceeded to go 13-37 for the remainder of my head coaching career, being fired partway through my fourth season.

Who am I?
Darryl Rogers!
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

sluggermatt15 wrote:Darryl Rogers!
Correct!
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

I am a quarterback who makes the pro bowl for the first (and only) time. The following season, I play a game in which Jerry Sherk sacks me 4 times as I am held to 21 net passing yards with 4 interceptions. Who am I?
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

I am a quarterback who makes the pro bowl for the first (and only) time. The following season, I play a game in which Jerry Sherk sacks me 4 times as I am held to 21 net passing yards with 4 interceptions. Who am I?
Mike Boryla. Who I had no idea made a Pro Bowl before looking this one up. Footage of him makes a cameo in my favorite sports movie of all time... Invincible.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

ChrisBabcock wrote:Mike Boryla. Who I had no idea made a Pro Bowl before looking this one up. Footage of him makes a cameo in my favorite sports movie of all time... Invincible.
Correct! Interesting sidebar is that in 1976 Jerry Sherk won the "George Halas Trophy" for being the NFL Defensive Player of the Year...not to be confused with the current "George Halas Trophy" that is given to the NFC champion.
CSKreager

Post by CSKreager »

I led the NFL in touchdowns one year, but never scored again after that year