"Name the Game" trivia

conace21

Re: "Name the Game" trivia

Post by conace21 »

ChrisBabcock wrote:Well, seeing as I never heard of Owen before today, I wouldn't have known that was him in your pic. Either guy in the pic for that matter. :roll: :)
Nice job Chris.

I was going to start with the kicker angle. I'm pretty sure the only two kickers to appear in Super Bowls with two different teams were both in the Patriots 1996 training camp. Matt Bahr (Steelers and Giants) and Adam Viantieri (Patriots and Colts.) Neither Hostetler or Simms started in a Super Bowl with another club, so that leaves Vinatieri...but then I scrolled down and you had gotten it.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

This could be an easy one. (to make up for the runaround I put everyone through on that Jets/Titans game!)

Both head coaches are members of the PFHOF.

Two players on the losing team’s roster would win league MVP at some point in their careers.

This game, which was played in October, would be the last regular season loss for the losing team this season, and also be their highest scoring output for the season.

The first two TDs of the game would be scored on plays involving a fumble recovery.

Each team had one hall of fame WR on their roster and they combined for 10 catches and 201 yards.
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

conace21 wrote:
ChrisBabcock wrote:Well, seeing as I never heard of Owen before today, I wouldn't have known that was him in your pic. Either guy in the pic for that matter. :roll: :)
Nice job Chris.

I was going to start with the kicker angle. I'm pretty sure the only two kickers to appear in Super Bowls with two different teams were both in the Patriots 1996 training camp. Matt Bahr (Steelers and Giants) and Adam Viantieri (Patriots and Colts.) Neither Hostetler or Simms started in a Super Bowl with another club, so that leaves Vinatieri...but then I scrolled down and you had gotten it.
Tony Franklin was the kicker for the 1980 Eagles and 1985 Pats.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
conace21

Post by conace21 »

ChrisBabcock wrote:This could be an easy one. (to make up for the runaround I put everyone through on that Jets/Titans game!)

Both head coaches are members of the PFHOF.

Two players on the losing team’s roster would win league MVP at some point in their careers.

This game, which was played in October, would be the last regular season loss for the losing team this season, and also be their highest scoring output for the season.

The first two TDs of the game would be scored on plays involving a fumble recovery.

Each team had one hall of fame WR on their roster and they combined for 10 catches and 201 yards.
Packers 48, Redskins 47 in 1983. Gibbs vs Gregg. Moseley and Theismann won back to back MVP awards. Monk and Lofton were the HOF WR's.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Packers 48, Redskins 47 in 1983. Gibbs vs Gregg. Moseley and Theismann won back to back MVP awards. Monk and Lofton were the HOF WR's.
Correct game. Bart Starr was the coach though.
conace21

Post by conace21 »

ChrisBabcock wrote:
Correct game. Bart Starr was the coach though.

Whoop, that's right. Gregg replaced Starr the next year.
CSKreager

Post by CSKreager »

There were 8 touchdowns combined in this game (4 for each team), no field goals, and it ended in a tie.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

CSKreager wrote:There were 8 touchdowns combined in this game (4 for each team), no field goals, and it ended in a tie.
The October 4, 1981 Jets/Dolphins 28-28 tie fits the bill. I thought you were going to be sneaky and I was going to have to find one involving missed extra points and safeties. :)
Todd Pence

Post by Todd Pence »

CSKreager wrote:There were 8 touchdowns combined in this game (4 for each team), no field goals, and it ended in a tie.
This actually describes a number of games:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... r_by_asc=Y
Todd Pence

Post by Todd Pence »

This game featured a quarterback who threw 4 TD passes, a quarterback who threw 3 TD passes, and a third QB who threw two TD passes.

Each team featured a receiver who had a hat trick (3 TD catches).

The game was won on a field goal by a kicker who had been out of the league the year before, and who was rejoining a team that had previously let him go.