Super Bowl I rebroadcast on NFL Network

Reaser

Re: Super Bowl I rebroadcast on NFL Network

Post by Reaser »

John Maxymuk wrote:I'm surprised that noted historian Elliot Harrison didn 't mention that :)
HA! Perfect, John.
JWL

Post by JWL »

SixtiesFan wrote:There are several sideline clips of Lombardi from the 1967 Ram-Packer regular season game in the Coliseum being passed off as Super Bowl I. Note Travis Williams #23 who wasn't with the Packers in 1966.
I only noticed that during a collage coming off a commercial break. NFLN was not trying to pass those particular clips off as being Super Bowl 1 action. There was also a clip of the Packers in white uniforms in what looked to be Metropolitan Stadium.
MattAusland

Post by MattAusland »

I noticed that at the 18 minute mark they wrote in the picture in picture that the Packers had beaten the Cowboys 37 to 24. As we know, the actual score was 34 to 27. I'm surprised that Elliot didn't catch that :D
MatthewToy

Post by MatthewToy »

I'm watching the replay because I worked earlier. In the opening montage they had to show the one Super Bowl clip that I really loathe. John Elway from Super Bowl 32 with the FAKE fireworks mixed with the real fireworks. The camera moves but the fireworks don't. It's so frigging obvious but they keep showing it!
SixtiesFan

Post by SixtiesFan »

JWL wrote:
SixtiesFan wrote:There are several sideline clips of Lombardi from the 1967 Ram-Packer regular season game in the Coliseum being passed off as Super Bowl I. Note Travis Williams #23 who wasn't with the Packers in 1966.
I only noticed that during a collage coming off a commercial break. NFLN was not trying to pass those particular clips off as being Super Bowl 1 action. There was also a clip of the Packers in white uniforms in what looked to be Metropolitan Stadium.
Early on (before the collage coming off a commercial break) they showed the clip of Lombardi talking to his team before the kickoff and passed it off as Super Bowl I when actually it was the 1967 Ram-Packer regular season game. They definitely gave the impression you were hearing Lombardi fire the Packers up for the first Super Bowl.

And they also did this with the same 1967 clip in the Packers 1966 America's Game episode.
74_75_78_79_

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

The Hammer not exactly in hindsight-awe of the Pack, I see. Looks and sounds real good for 77 though.
single wing

Post by single wing »

I noticed many of the Hank Stram sideline clips were from Super Bowl 4 too. I was glad to watch the plays but could barely stand listening to the talking heads talking over the game announcer.
SixtiesFan

Post by SixtiesFan »

SixtiesFan wrote:
JWL wrote:
Early on (before the collage coming off a commercial break) they showed the clip of Lombardi talking to his team before the kickoff and passed it off as Super Bowl I when actually it was the 1967 Ram-Packer regular season game. They definitely gave the impression you were hearing Lombardi fire the Packers up for the first Super Bowl.

And they also did this with the same 1967 clip in the Packers 1966 America's Game episode.
They showed the clip of Lombardi talking to his team before the 1967 Ram game at the 11 minute mark of the program, right after the player introductions.
Terry Baldshaw

Post by Terry Baldshaw »

What a travesty of a production. The NFL Network should be ashamed for producing this atrocity. A third of the screen was blocked and the inane ramblings of the blowbags were maddening. What a waste!
JWL

Post by JWL »

SixtiesFan wrote:
SixtiesFan wrote:

They showed the clip of Lombardi talking to his team before the 1967 Ram game at the 11 minute mark of the program, right after the player introductions.
You are correct. I watched it again and now see what you were noting.