2023 season, Week 2

racepug

2023 season, Week 2

Post by racepug »

Surprised (and disappointed) am I that the Packers blew their game against ATL. But they're still in first place in their division.
I'm also surprised that CIN has started 0 - 2 and that SEA beat DET.
I am NOT surprised that BUF bounced back from their MNF loss to thump the directionless Raiders.
CHI is 0 - 2 and from what I've read Bears fans are not at all happy with the play of QB Justin Fields ("throw the ball!").
The 49ers are on a roll vs. division rivals the LAR. This last Sunday's was their 9th straight (regular season) win vs. the team from down south.
I don't know if the Cardinals are actually trying to lose but they're sure doing a good job of making it look like they are.
The Jets, minus Aaron Rodgers were, not surprisingly, no match for the N.F.C. entry based in TX.
The Commanders: a surprising 2 - 0! How long can they keep winning?
It certainly seems possible that N.E. will finish last in its division (unless the Jets fall apart having lost A.R. for the season).
"Nawlins" and T.B. off to good starts (how long will that last, though?).
PIT wins tonight and keeps CLE from starting a season 2 - 0 for the first time in 30 years(!).
Reaser

Re: 2023 season, Week 2

Post by Reaser »

racepug wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:15 am PIT wins tonight and keeps CLE from starting a season 2 - 0 for the first time in 30 years(!).
They kept that Browns streak alive and also kept their own streak alive of MNF home wins in a row. Also the streak of the Browns not winning in Pittsburgh. A long streak they broke was teams losing the game after they played the 49ers.
racepug

Post by racepug »

Wow. I just read that Nick Chubb is out for the rest of the season. That's a tough blow for a team that looked like it *might* blow my prediction for them right out of the water.
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

I think the "play of the week" was probably New England's "new" kick blocking scheme, which worked to perfection the first time it was used.

https://www.nfl.com/news/justin-fields- ... -and-a-fas
(way down near the bottom)

With the Dolphins lined up for a 49-yard field goal, Schooler initially aligned split out wide, before motioning inside on a dead sprint. With great forward momentum, he timed the snap count perfectly, turned diagonally upfield and blew past Miami's wing before laying out to easily block the kick. The precise timing and flawless execution will put the block on teaching tape that'll play on loop in special teams meeting rooms at the professional and collegiate levels.
JameisBrownston

Post by JameisBrownston »

Nah, it's gotta be the "Hail Russell". Possibly the play of the year.