The Washington Football Team

Brian wolf

The Washington Football Team

Post by Brian wolf »

Dan Snyder is finally going to be out of the Washington Football Team--Commanders, if they still keep the name, I wouldnt--despite making almost 6 BILLION from the sale. He also has to pay the NFL, 60 million going out the door as a result of the Mary Jo White-Beth Wilkinson investigations.

Will this team finally give the fans what they deserve? A consistent, winning organization? Of course Snyder will still be involved in the John Gruden lawsuit that could also get Goodell in trouble. Lets hope the new owners can move beyond the last 30 years of mediocrity. Spend your money, Snyder, you might outlast the cockroaches on this earth ...
racepug

Re: The Washington Football Team

Post by racepug »

After what he's done to run that franchise into the ground how on Earth did it sell for a world-record amount? Seems like he made out like a bandit, to me, to the point where the $60 million fine he's been assessed by the N.F.L. as he (thankfully) "leaves town" won't really matter to him all that much, I imagine.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Will Rivera keep coaching the team? Continuity seems wise at this juncture but they are relying on a second year QB leading the team. They still need more veterans to help the younger players. Dont be surprised if Bruce Allen finds his way back ...
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

According to the Mary Jo White investigation, the Washington team misappropriated anywhere from 11-44 million in sharable revenue to the other owners(league) Snyder could face prosecution over this and the harrassment towards employees, as well as the John Gruden lawsuit. Prison is doubtful however but we will see.

Though his 4% ownership basically makes Magic Johnson a name mouthpiece and celebrity for the organization, its still nice for him to be an actual NFL team owner and fullfill that dream for himself.
racepug

Post by racepug »

Personally, I think it's disgraceful that the N.F.L. let Daniel Snyder "into the clubhouse" at all, let alone for as long as it did. I don't know how much power pro league owners have to banish other owners but it seems to me that the N.F.L. let D.S. stick around WAAAAY too long (then again, maybe that's the way they liked it considering what a poor job he did running his team).
Crazy Packers Fan

Post by Crazy Packers Fan »

That stadium is a dump. We went there a few years back for a Packers game. It was horrible. (As an aside, I learned all the words to their fight song because the Packers kept allowing points.)

All I really care about is them getting rid of the "Commanders" nickname and using some sort of "Hogs." Hogs, RedHogs, Warthogs... just something to connect their future to their glorious past. It is truly tragic that a once-proud franchise has gone so far downhill. I hope Washington can turn things around, because there's so much history to that franchise.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

On the TOFTWO website, some writer-panelists suggested the name, Pigskins to tie to their former name. Like Clark Judge believed, Senators would be no problem, with the connection to baseball as well. Its ironic that despite the great history, this franchise had so far, until the sale, been bookended by miserable, selfish owners with Marshall first and Snyder last ... till now.
Lee Elder

Post by Lee Elder »

Brian wolf wrote:On the TOFTWO website, some writer-panelists suggested the name, Pigskins to tie to their former name. Like Clark Judge believed, Senators would be no problem, with the connection to baseball as well. Its ironic that despite the great history, this franchise had so far, until the sale, been bookended by miserable, selfish owners with Marshall first and Snyder last ... till now.
Instead of the Senators, why not the Representatives?
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Always Reppin'
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

Washington Warriors would be such a good name...
it's a pity they can't (seem to) work out something with the NBA's Warriors.