After this years SB I think I might be done as a current fan

lastcat3

After this years SB I think I might be done as a current fan

Post by lastcat3 »

Never mind that there was virtually no defense played the entire game but then the refs all but gave the game to the Chiefs on a very iffy call on the most important play of the game. I'll always be a fan of the history of the league but I am getting to the point to where I'm just not sure I can watch the current state of the league anymore. I get why they do this because more points equals more people watching the games and keeping your offensive stars healthy equals more points. But at the same time all I can really think about when watching teams play these days is how badly they would get beaten against some of the truly great teams of the past. Just an example those '90's Bills teams got blown out in three of the four Super Bowls they played in. If that same team was playing in todays game they probably would have four peated rather easily.
Brian wolf

Re: After this years SB I think I might be done as a current

Post by Brian wolf »

The Hoblin Goblin Mahomes won it in dramatic fashion. No need for Zebras to interfere ...
lastcat3

Post by lastcat3 »

The refs just made sure the Eagles didn't have a chance to come back and drive for a tie or a win. It almost seems like the league wants their big stars to win.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Coincidence or not, it seemed everything lined up for KC after the postponement of the Cinc-Buff game. Hurts had the turnover to keep the Chiefs in the game before the late dramatics ...
lastcat3

Post by lastcat3 »

Well regardless I am just not sure I can support the current NFL anymore. It's hard enough to watch it when the teams really aren't all that great anymore. But then when you add in things like what happened at the end of the biggest game of the year that just becomes a little too much for people who were big fans back when teams were actually allowed to play football.
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

Yup on how everything lined up for KC after the BUF-CIN cancellation. Were just given the #1 seed, given the bye and given the easiest path to AFCCG. Then the AFCCG, many would say was one of, if not the worst they've seen for perceived officiating being for (KC) or against (CIN). Then the the SB ended like it did.

Not the exact same, but not too dissimilar to how last years SB ended. At least for the go-ahead score. Difference being CIN got a final possession.

Regardless, interesting that now would be the final straw for anyone when this kind of stuff happens practically yearly now, and they haven't been allowed to play "football" for a while now. Not exactly something new.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Great correction Reaser when I worded it incorrectly but the defenses had a rough game and the ending was tailor made for Mahomes, who ran very sprightly for a 30 yard run before the zebras stepped in ...