Prayers for Damar Hamlin

74_75_78_79_

Prayers for Damar Hamlin

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

Very somber, very surreal.

Unlike tragic 10/24/71, which I'm aware of in the first place because of you all, this game cannot go on.

No-news is sadly looking like bad news the more it goes on.

Let us Pray.
Brian wolf

Re: Prayers for Damar Hamlin

Post by Brian wolf »

Crushed sternum ? I remember when Steve McNair had that bad injury but nothing like this.

Please Players, go back to wearing more pads and protective equipment like players from the past!
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

I was at that game when Chuck Hughes collapsed. I remember how dark and quiet it was---very funereal. But that occurred at the very end of the game. This is different. They should just call the game; I don't think the players will have their heads and hearts in it, and that's when guys get hurt.
JWL

Post by JWL »

Brian wolf wrote:Crushed sternum ? I remember when Steve McNair had that bad injury but nothing like this.

Please Players, go back to wearing more pads and protective equipment like players from the past!
It looked worse than that. It could be commotio cordis. He took a blow to his chest. Apparently, he has been intubated.
lastcat3

Post by lastcat3 »

Yeah looks like they are saying his vitals are back to normal but that they aren't sure if there was brain damage that was done due to him not being able to breath on his own.
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

lastcat3 wrote:Yeah looks like they are saying his vitals are back to normal but that they aren't sure if there was brain damage that was done due to him not being able to breath on his own.
Time will tell, but I pray he didn't suffer permanent brain damage anywhere

This was terrifying, the panic and uncertainty reminded me a bit of the Malarchuk incident in hockey...where you just don't know if this guy is going to make it and hope for a miracle
racepug

Post by racepug »

JWL wrote:It looked worse than that. It could be commotio cordis. He took a blow to his chest. Apparently, he has been intubated.
I remember seeing an article several years ago about a (minor league) hockey player taking a shot to the chest by an opponent and I think it's basically the same thing that happened to that football player last night. A shot, near the heart, at just the wrong moment to cause a serious problem. I think in the hockey player's case he actually died. I understand that Mr. Hamlin has been stabilized, so that's good.