2015 PFRA Elections

cdwillis
Site Moderator

2015 PFRA Elections

Post by cdwillis »

Hello PFRA Members,

PFRA elections will occur this year as all Officers, who are serving two year terms, will end on December 31, 2015. Those officers are:

President: Mark Ford
Vice-President: Roy Sye
Secretary: Lee Elder
Treasurer: John Grasso

Since the jobs of executive director and assistant executive director are directly influenced by the outcome of the elections, Andy Piascik and I are removing ourselves from the entire process. Jeffrey Miller, who is the Chair of the Elections Committee, will once again run our elections. Please send all nominations and refer any questions or comments to him. Here are the offices that are up for election this year:

President: Presides over meetings of the Board of Directors, appoints the Executive Director, appoints the Editor-in-Chief of The Coffin Corner, calculates budget, and makes sure that all corporate and tax responsibilities are fulfilled.

Vice President: Chair of the Membership Committee. Handles all membership rosters and contacts. Responsibilities of the Membership Committee are determined by the Assistant Executive Director (appointed position).

Secretary: Responsible for the minutes of the Association and chairs the Fundraising Committee. Responsibilities of the Fundraising Committee are determined by the Assistant Executive Director (appointed position).

Treasurer: Responsible for the finances of the Association, maintains books suitable for audit, and under the discretion of the President, files any necessary reports or tax documents.

Each of these positions carry two-year terms which will start on January 1, 2016 and end on December 31, 2017. Whether you are nominating yourself or another person for office,
please make sure that the nominee is willing to fulfill all responsibilities of that office. Also, all candidates must be in good standings with PFRA dues.

Please note: All current officers who intend to run for re-election need to contact Jeffrey Miller. You will not be automatically placed on the ballot.

Jeffrey Miller
300 W. Main Street
Springville, NY 14141
Email: ODOSAGIH@aol.com

All nominations need to be to Jeffrey Miller by April 1, 2015.
This information will also apear in the first issue of the Coffin Corner.
cdwillis
Mark L. Ford
Site Moderator

Re: 2015 PFRA Elections

Post by Mark L. Ford »

For those of you who have been unhappy with the present state of the PFRA, this is your opportunity to guide its future (and to be one of the seven Directors). A couple of years ago, I was asked to run for President because nobody else wanted to. This time around, I don't think we'll have that problem, because I've heard from lots of people who have told me how I should be doing the job. I'm not going running for re-election (except in the unlikely event that we get to April 1 and nobody else has decided to run, so step forward!).

The one thing I wanted to accomplish was to spread the various chores of the day-to-day operations among a team of people, and to have communication between the members of that team, and that's worked well. The incoming President will have a great bunch of people to work with, and I encourage him or her to work with them in planning the PFRA's future. Remember, you and everyone else in management will be volunteers who handle PFRA business in their spare time. As for the other elected officers, our Vice-President, Treasurer and Secretary do an excellent job, going beyond the duties described in building the organization, and I hope they will all be back in 2016. For my part, though, I'm looking forward to completing this year and then welcoming the next President of the PFRA.
Veeshik_ya

Post by Veeshik_ya »

Mark L. Ford wrote:For those of you who have been unhappy with the present state of the PFRA, this is your opportunity to guide its future (and to be one of the seven Directors). A couple of years ago, I was asked to run for President because nobody else wanted to. This time around, I don't think we'll have that problem, because I've heard from lots of people who have told me how I should be doing the job. I'm not going running for re-election (except in the unlikely event that we get to April 1 and nobody else has decided to run, so step forward!).

The one thing I wanted to accomplish was to spread the various chores of the day-to-day operations among a team of people, and to have communication between the members of that team, and that's worked well. The incoming President will have a great bunch of people to work with, and I encourage him or her to work with them in planning the PFRA's future. Remember, you and everyone else in management will be volunteers who handle PFRA business in their spare time. As for the other elected officers, our Vice-President, Treasurer and Secretary do an excellent job, going beyond the duties described in building the organization, and I hope they will all be back in 2016. For my part, though, I'm looking forward to completing this year and then welcoming the next President of the PFRA.
Sorry to hear you are not running again. Always appreciated your solid just-the-facts posts and (from my perspective) lack of politicizing and over-the-top backslapping.
Mark L. Ford
Site Moderator

Post by Mark L. Ford »

I appreciate that, V-- I've still got 10 1/2 months to go, and plenty of things that we're working on. I'll continue to work with the team on trying to improve things and solving problems until then. Whoever takes over, as I say, will have a good bunch of people to work with.