Guess what we have a new league with a CBS contract.

nicefellow31

Re: Guess what we have a new league with a CBS contract.

Post by nicefellow31 »

single wing wrote:Tim Lewis former NFL player and Defensive coach with 7 NFL teams has been named Head Coach. He is the first coach named in the AAF that has not had previous Head Coach experience.Team will play at Legion field for 2 years then move to the new stadium being built in Birmingham.

One team left to name

EAST-Orlando, Atlanta, Birmingham, Memphis

WEST-Salt Lake, Phoenix, San Diego, ?

Cities most are thinking could be the final team.
San Antonio or Austin
St. Louis
Oakland

Long Shots
Oklahoma City
Portland
Side question. Is Legion Field headed for the wrecking ball?
single wing

Post by single wing »

Legion field will be used for the next two years while a new stadium in Birmingham is being built. The AAF team has already signed to move over to the new stadium when it is ready. As far as Legion field they are exploring a couple options when the new stadium is finished. Most likely tearing down many of the stands to make it a 25,000 seat stadium instead of 71,594 size it currently is. Some talking is going on with Alabama State and Troy State to play at the reduced size field. Also smaller concerts that are more likely to draw 25,000 rather then 80,000 fans. So far they have no plan to totally tear it down.
single wing

Post by single wing »

San Antonio will play at the Alamodome.

Head Coach Mike Riley.
single wing

Post by single wing »

Team, Stadium, Size Stadium, Head Coach

Atlanta
Georgia State Stadium
Brad Childress

Birmingham
Legion Field
Tim Lewis

Memphis
Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium
Mike Singletary

Orlando
Spectrum Stadium
Steve Spurrier

Phoenix
Sun Devil Stadium
Rick Neuheisel

Salt Lake
Rice-Eccles Stadium
Dennis Erickson

San Antonio
Alamodome
Mike Riley

San Diego
SDCCU Stadium
Mike Martz
Mark L. Ford
Site Moderator

Post by Mark L. Ford »

Even though it's not the NFL, I'm glad to see that we've got eight more teams to provide jobs for players, with the support of a major network, so good luck to the Alliance League. Whatever happened to that XFL remake? I have a feeling it's going to be an ex-FL.
single wing

Post by single wing »

Mark L. Ford wrote:Even though it's not the NFL, I'm glad to see that we've got eight more teams to provide jobs for players, with the support of a major network, so good luck to the Alliance League. Whatever happened to that XFL remake? I have a feeling it's going to be an ex-FL.

The AAF was contacted by numerous cities wanting in. The league then selected 8 with 3 year stadium contracts. While AAF was meeting and signing contracts the XFL sent out a flyer to 30 cities saying they were considering the city with a deadline to respond. On this issue the AAF in my humble opinion outfoxed the XFL. 8 of the 30 cities the xfl sent flyers to had already signed with the AAF but not been made public. PS Don't be surprised that the AAF may very well have two more cities under contract for starting in 2020.

Next for the AAF is team names in July chosen by the fans. Then starting in August they will advise on the draft of players procedure. Word is a territorial draft where teams protect players from local colleges in their area plus a regular draft. The draft will occur after NFL final cuts in early September. This way the AAF can sign the 400 best players not under a NFL contract. Starting in October advertising the league on CBS , NFL network, and the Super Bowl in addition to other media forms including fantasy football.

XFL right now is far behind. locked out of most good weather cities already with little info coming out on their plan. First up the selection of the 8 cities from the responses they got back from the flyer. When that will occur nobody knows.
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

single wing wrote:San Antonio will play at the Alamodome.

Head Coach Mike Riley.
Seemed likely since he coached the Riders in the WLAF.

Good guy I've seen around since he has ties to Pac NW football. Also went to his football camp when he was HC at OSU.
JohnBowen

Post by JohnBowen »

How are the fans able to "help" choose the names? I was worried that every team was going to be City Aliance in jy limited net searching about the league. I am excited about year round football, that's for sure.
L.C. Greenwood

Post by L.C. Greenwood »

single wing wrote:
Mark L. Ford wrote:Even though it's not the NFL, I'm glad to see that we've got eight more teams to provide jobs for players, with the support of a major network, so good luck to the Alliance League. Whatever happened to that XFL remake? I have a feeling it's going to be an ex-FL.

The AAF was contacted by numerous cities wanting in. The league then selected 8 with 3 year stadium contracts. While AAF was meeting and signing contracts the XFL sent out a flyer to 30 cities saying they were considering the city with a deadline to respond. On this issue the AAF in my humble opinion outfoxed the XFL. 8 of the 30 cities the xfl sent flyers to had already signed with the AAF but not been made public. PS Don't be surprised that the AAF may very well have two more cities under contract for starting in 2020.

Next for the AAF is team names in July chosen by the fans. Then starting in August they will advise on the draft of players procedure. Word is a territorial draft where teams protect players from local colleges in their area plus a regular draft. The draft will occur after NFL final cuts in early September. This way the AAF can sign the 400 best players not under a NFL contract. Starting in October advertising the league on CBS , NFL network, and the Super Bowl in addition to other media forms including fantasy football.

XFL right now is far behind. locked out of most good weather cities already with little info coming out on their plan. First up the selection of the 8 cities from the responses they got back from the flyer. When that will occur nobody knows.

No doubt, the XFL is behind, but the AAF(and soon NFL) have created an opening which another league can exploit. While nobody attends pro football games only for kickoffs, needlessly eliminating part of the game's structure is a negative. It's a lesser way of watching the sport, and even a short kickoff return can be exciting when a tackler on the return unit makes a great play. Fans in general are smart enough to know overreach when they see it, and attending these games is still a significant time investment for many people. When you start chipping away at the foundation of the sport, there will be a tipping point when the product is diluted. It's not difficult to make the game much safer without dumb moves like eliminating the kickoff, and many fans understand this.

The XFL should adopt a strategy which keeps the tradition of the game intact, while actually getting the players involved in their own safety. It 's a 180 degree approach to what the NFL is doing, all players would be required to use state of the art helmets, and no ducking out of tents without a real concussion examination. All players will also be monitored closely during essential offseason cognitive baseline testing as well, in order to obtain more accurate results. Former NFL players like Peyton Manning have reported the practice of teammates intentionally scoring poorly on those tests, so they can get back on the field faster when injured during the season.
single wing

Post by single wing »

JohnBowen wrote:How are the fans able to "help" choose the names? I was worried that every team was going to be City Aliance in jy limited net searching about the league. I am excited about year round football, that's for sure.

That procedure has not been officially announced yet but expect it to occur sometime in July... People have been sending in nicknames for awhile.