Super Bowl I rebroadcast on NFL Network

BD Sullivan

Re: Super Bowl I rebroadcast on NFL Network

Post by BD Sullivan »

Terry Baldshaw wrote:What a travesty of a production. The NFL Network should be ashamed for producing this atrocity. A third of the screen was blocked and the inane ramblings of the blowbags were maddening. What a waste!
They probably are going on the assumption that the vast majority of fans either don't care or are too stupid to know the difference.
JohnR

Post by JohnR »

We got to hear J. Kramer tell the story again about watching Chiefs film & after two defenders collide McGee whistled Looney Tunes. I think Kramer's story has changed over the years and it was prior to SB 2 that they saw that film. There's a well known 1967 film clip of Willie Brown & Dave Grayson colliding while Lance Alworth hauls down TD pass. Hmmm, Willie Brown is in the HOF and Jerry is not. Who gets the last laugh?
single wing

Post by single wing »

They also mentioned that Super Bowl 2 is incomplete.... Anyone have any idea what Super Bowls there are that the original broadcast does not exist ?
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »

single wing wrote:They also mentioned that Super Bowl 2 is incomplete.... Anyone have any idea what Super Bowls there are that the original broadcast does not exist ?
Two is the only one where NONE of the actual telecast has been SEEN--not sure if any audio survived.
74_75_78_79_

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

Terry Baldshaw wrote:What a travesty of a production. The NFL Network should be ashamed for producing this atrocity. A third of the screen was blocked and the inane ramblings of the blowbags were maddening. What a waste!
There NEEDS to be a PFRA Network (or, simply, the Pro Football History Channel) with some of you guys either working behind the scenes and/or as the main commentators and/or as guest commentators, etc. If I were a multi-millionaire, I'd certainly invest!
MIKEBENNIDICT

Post by MIKEBENNIDICT »

BD Sullivan wrote:
They probably are going on the assumption that the vast majority of fans either don't care or are too stupid to know the difference.
If that's the case then why did they even bother with it period?
74_75_78_79_

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

MIKEBENNIDICT wrote:
BD Sullivan wrote:
If that's the case then why did they even bother with it period?
Mariucci was the only commentator who watched the game (at 10, almost same age I was when I saw 'Freezer Bowl'/'The Catch') yet alone was alive when it happened.
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

BD Sullivan wrote:
single wing wrote:They also mentioned that Super Bowl 2 is incomplete.... Anyone have any idea what Super Bowls there are that the original broadcast does not exist ?
Two is the only one where NONE of the actual telecast has been SEEN--not sure if any audio survived.
There is a radio broadcast of the game, and somebody created a merge of the game film and radio broadcast,
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
mark22photos

Post by mark22photos »

I have the Super Bowl II radio broadcast. Part of the Miley Collection of original sports broadcast.
single wing

Post by single wing »

So its just Super Bowl 1 and 2 that the video broadcast is missing ?