'41 VS '85 BEARS (for their time)??

74_75_78_79_

'41 VS '85 BEARS (for their time)??

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

"Adjusting inflation", as I'd say.

It seems to me that it's down to those two as for who the 'Best-EVER' Bears team is!

Yes, you got 1963. Superior defense! But, perhaps, can be seen as a 2000 Ravens pre-cursor considering their extreme defense-heavy-ness.

'34 & '43 can be seen as 'twin' 2007 Pats precursors.

But 1941 and '85 closed-the-deal! Whilst still being, really, no less dominant than the others already mentioned!

'85 shutting out both NFC opponents, who weren't exactly offense-challenged, a SICK notable for contemporary and old-school fans to forever admire! And then to do what they did vs New England...sickeningly Dominant playoff performance!

A very dominant regular season they had as well - and vs quality competition as mentioned on a very recent thread! But simply looking at 1941...regular season even more-dominant! And instead of just a League Championship Game, they have to play a tiebreaker. And against a, just like them, 10-1 PACKERS team led by, of course, Curly! Safe-enough to say GB was - for their time - quite stronger than either Giant or Rams team 44 years later. And Bears win the rubber-band match in convincing fashion, 33-14! And then they beat the Giants for the Title, 37-9! And the War didn't have it's fingerprints on the League just yet.

Two different teams from two different eras. SO MANY contemporary fans would hate me saying this. Everyone forever LOVES da '85 Bears as they truly understandably should! All the non-sports-fans at the time, even if they went back to not caring the following year, were so intrigued and imagination-captured by those very Super Bowl Shufflers!

But I just may have to give '41 the edge! Even if just a slight one!

What do you all think? I can't help but to see that it's down to just the two of them. And it, at the very least, is a very legit debate!
SeahawkFever

Re: '41 VS '85 BEARS (for their time)??

Post by SeahawkFever »

If you ask me, the 41 Bears might compare better for their time (though it was earlier on, and if I'm not mistaken World War II took some players off of rosters by that point?), but both the 41 and 85 Bears absolutely dominated their respective seasons.
74_75_78_79_

Re: '41 VS '85 BEARS (for their time)??

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

If God came down to Earth and told me that the 1941 Chicago Bears were - for their time, era-for-era, "pound-for-pound", "adjusting inflation", etc - the Number One Professional Football Team of All Time hence better than the 1975 Pittsburgh Steelers, I would be bummed, a little (perhaps bias-minded) surprised, but I wouldn't at all faint and simply accept such fact. Same can be said if God told me several other teams were actually better than that very SBX-victor, but I'd not faint more-so over '41 Bears. After all, I did declare them on a very recent thread as the best NFLCG-winning team, '33-thru-'65 ('62 Packers at #2).