Clint Murchison

Discuss candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the PFRA's Hall of Very Good
PFHOFlover

Clint Murchison

Post by PFHOFlover »

You know who my most wanted contributor after Robert Kraft is Clint Murchison

As the founder and original owner of the Dallas Cowboys the builder of Texas Stadium the man who hired Tom Landry Tex Schramm and Gil Brandt a risk taker game changer 20 consecutive winning seasons 15 seasons with 10 or more wins 17 playoff appearances 5 Super Bowl appearances and 2 Super Bowl championships you can make a case that Clint Murchison deserves a bust in Canton

https://www.clintmurchisonjr.com/

He was among the Centennial Class finalists but wasn’t elected he among the Coach Contributor semi finalists in 2023 but didn’t make the final 12

I don’t get why Clint Murchison the man who founded America’s team is not in the Pro Football Hall of Fame he’s also not in the Cowboys Ring of Honor which is shocking

The Coach Contributor committee needs to address this after Robert Kraft gets elected it’s time to honor Clint Murchison with a bust in Canton

Sorry for the long post but Clint Murchison needs to be in Canton it’s one of Canton’s biggest snubs and it needs to be corrected
Saban1

Re: Clint Murchison

Post by Saban1 »

PFHOFlover wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:37 pm You know who my most wanted contributor after Robert Kraft is Clint Murchison

As the founder and original owner of the Dallas Cowboys the builder of Texas Stadium the man who hired Tom Landry Tex Schramm and Gil Brandt a risk taker game changer 20 consecutive winning seasons 15 seasons with 10 or more wins 17 playoff appearances 5 Super Bowl appearances and 2 Super Bowl championships you can make a case that Clint Murchison deserves a bust in Canton

https://www.clintmurchisonjr.com/

He was among the Centennial Class finalists but wasn’t elected he among the Coach Contributor semi finalists in 2023 but didn’t make the final 12

I don’t get why Clint Murchison the man who founded America’s team is not in the Pro Football Hall of Fame he’s also not in the Cowboys Ring of Honor which is shocking

The Coach Contributor committee needs to address this after Robert Kraft gets elected it’s time to honor Clint Murchison with a bust in Canton

Sorry for the long post but Clint Murchison needs to be in Canton it’s one of Canton’s biggest snubs and it needs to be corrected

From what I have read, Murchison is probably the only owner that let his team put their profits back into the team and did not take any out for himself. GM Tex Schramm put that money into scouting which is why Dallas had so much talent year in and year out in those days. Schramm was a big reason for much of the success that the Cowboys had.