1952 Dallas Texans Book

mikecobern

1952 Dallas Texans Book

Post by mikecobern »

This fall TCU Press will be publishing my book called WARDS OF THE LEAGUE: The Untold Story of the First NFL Team in Dallas. It covers the mostly unknown, or mainly forgotten, first professional sports team in the South.

Through this dedicated Facebook site (address below) anyone can like and/or follow updates.

Over the coming weeks and months, myself, the publisher, former players, and some special guests, will be contributing articles, podcasts, photos, features, and backstories that may not have made it into the final book.

Hope that you'll find some or all of it interesting. So, please join through the link, if you'd like and we'll be keeping the site posted as to any new information and updates.

And tell any or all your friends if they love pro football.

Here's the link:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61555713849577

And feel free to reach out to me on FB as well:
https://www.facebook.com/mike.cobern.9/

Mike Cobern
RichardBak

Re: 1952 Dallas Texans Book

Post by RichardBak »

Sounds cool. Art Donovan, one of my faves, was a member of that squad.

You might consider spinning off a piece or two for the Coffin Corner. Might help sell a few copies. PFRA members are big book buyers (as you know, otherwise you wouldn't be posting here).
mikecobern

Re: 1952 Dallas Texans Book

Post by mikecobern »

Hey guys thanks for all the views so far. Thanks also to those who jumped on to the Facebook page Wards of the League and either liked or followed. If you haven't yet, please do. My publisher is wanting me to build an audience and this group is it for sure.

Wanted this morning to also tell anyone here that if you have anything else on this team, photos, articles, stories, etc. to post them and/or send to me as I want to make the updates and bonus stuff on the Facebook site more interesting. I've held off on putting some content as I'm wanting to build it up as we get closer and sign on more followers.

Everyone here have a great day and fingers crossed for Darren Woodson making the Hall tomorrow.

Mike