Divisional Playoff Weekend

JohnTurney

Re: Divisional Playoff Weekend

Post by JohnTurney »

Brian wolf wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:55 pm I dont understand the Dolphins. They are letting Fangio walk when the defense is getting better. He will probably go to Philly.
Fangio's idea. If he had to stay, if the Dolphins forced some issue, that's not going to work out well. I do think it is odd. His defense had a lot of injuries and has plenty of good players. You'd think next year, if healthy, they'd be set on the defensive side of the ball.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

My fault ... I thought Fangio had a two year deal. Why walk away from Chubb, who finally had a chance with a winner, Ramsey, Van Ginkel, Seiler and Howard? Will Wilkins come back?
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

With Jim Harbaugh in LA, I hope he gets Derrick Henry despite playing on field turf. Henry needs a chance with an offense that has potential. Will he persuade Ekeler to stay?
sluggermatt15

Post by sluggermatt15 »

Brian wolf wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:03 am With Jim Harbaugh in LA, I hope he gets Derrick Henry despite playing on field turf. Henry needs a chance with an offense that has potential. Will he persuade Ekeler to stay?
Heading into 2024, the Chargers are roughly $45 million over the salary cap. That does not include re-signing players like Ekeler, et al.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/los-angeles-chargers

Harbaugh has a lot of work to do.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Sheesh, watching the Bills-Chiefs divisional game replay, which was much better than the championship game, that fumble that the Bills forced but couldnt recover in the first half, looms huge.

Instead of recovering with a 10-3 lead, the Chiefs get it back and get a FG cutting the lead to 10-6, as the game see-saws with the Bills defense being unable to hold off the Chiefs offense.

The Bills get lucky of course when after blowing the 4th down gamble in their own territory(Anashytics?), The Chiefs fumble away a chance at a 34-24 lead, and Buffalo has their chance to take the lead in the game with a bomb that is dropped. Allen leads a deft ball control drive but cant get it in the endzone, as the tying FG goes wide right. A tough way to lose a great game.