Super Wild Card Weekend

racepug

Re: Super Wild Card Weekend

Post by racepug »

Brian wolf wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:58 pm Great wild card game tonight, regardless of who wins. Stafford probably wasnt evaluated long enough considering his head bounced like a basketball off his former home turf, but his toughness and no-look passing has made for a great finish.
His eyes rolled up inside his head after that. That was a little scary. I was surprised they let him come back into the game so soon after that.
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

Brian wolf wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:02 am Hope you used the DVR tonight Richard ... a nice win for the fans of Detroit ...
I'm still in a little bit of shock. This on top of Michigan just winning the national championship. Things just don't get this good in Detroit when it comes to football, so we're savoring every last second of it.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Had the Rams won, the Lions would have been media stoned after disdaining a FG attempt earlier but Campbell got lucky
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

As usual, the Buffalo Mafia come out in full force to support their team, no matter the weather as the Bills take care of business and dispatch a Steelers team that showed fight with Mason Rudolph--who should compete for the starting job next summer--but as is a habit with a recent Mike Tomlin coached playoff team, giving up over 30 points in the game that ends their season.

The Steelers overcame many obstacles this season but will Tomlin decide to stay or walk away from a young roster that has talent but some emotional-maturity issues that could drain him?

Huge win for the Bucs who took out a defending NFC Champion that collapsed on defense. The loss to SF took away the Philly swagger ...
Last edited by Brian wolf on Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

The Eagles decline is pretty stunning ... from where they were to where they are now.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Similar to the collapse of the 1986 Jets, though the Eagles were a defending conference champion
racepug

Post by racepug »

So - only one non-division winner won during "Super Wild Card Weekend," eh?

What a fall for the 'Iggles.' To start 10 - 1 this season and then win only 1 more game the rest of the way and to lose to Baker Mayfield in the playoffs, to boot!

So the 'Iggles' lost both their O.C. and their D.C. after last year's S.B. loss, is that right? Hmmm - I wonder if, after their collapse this season, they'll lose their H.C. this time.
racepug

Post by racepug »

JohnTurney wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:56 pm The Eagles decline is pretty stunning ... from where they were to where they are now.
Yeah. I figured going into tonight's game that it was more-or-less a "toss-up" but the 'Iggles' never really showed any signs of life, did they? That has to be disappointing after their great run last year. I suspect there'll be several changes with them before next season.
racepug

Post by racepug »

RichardBak wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:22 amI'm still in a little bit of shock. Things just don't get this good in Detroit when it comes to football, so we're savoring every last second of it.
I hope I don't jinx anything with this but right now I expect the Lions to make it to the conference championship game. Baker Mayfield and the Bucs played a pretty lifeless PHI team tonight. If I were a betting person I'd bet a LOT of money that that WON'T be the case next Sunday. The Lions'll be at home and the place'll be ROCKIN'. I will be absolutely SHOCKED if the Lions don't win in 6 days.
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

racepug wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:33 am Yeah. I figured going into tonight's game that it was more-or-less a "toss-up" but the 'Iggles' never really showed any signs of life, did they? That has to be disappointing after their great run last year. I suspect there'll be several changes with them before next season.
one of biggest flame outs in history