2023 DPOY --- hard to gauge this one

JohnTurney

2023 DPOY --- hard to gauge this one

Post by JohnTurney »

No runaway winner this year. Maybe same for MVP

OPOY is CMC.

Coach is also going to be tight. Comeback ... Hamlin, Flacco .. others?

DPOY could be Garrett, Parsons ... I like Crosby but not sure he can get it. A lot of these awards will be decided in next two weeks--a ig performance by someone could vault them to first in voters' minds.
Brian wolf

Re: 2023 DPOY --- hard to gauge this one

Post by Brian wolf »

In terms of team impact, TJ Watt, Garrett and Crosby are close, with Crosby playing hurt as well. Bland has those TDs though, which might hurt Parsons' chance. Gardner is NY is great as well but the team cant take advantage ...

MVP -- CMC
OPOY -- Hill
DPOY -- Garrett
COTY -- Ryans ... this team was a laughingstock. Cleveland has had higher expectations with both Mayfield and Watson, as well as more talent than the Texans. Close vote though

CBPOY -- Hamlin of course ...
OROY -- Stroud but very close with Gibbs, Nacua, Addison, Robinson and LaPorta just behind. Will Achane for Miami step up with the division on the line?
DROY -- You called it John, possibly Carter. Who else has had impact?
NWebster

Post by NWebster »

JohnTurney wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:45 pm No runaway winner this year. Maybe same for MVP

OPOY is CMC.

Coach is also going to be tight. Comeback ... Hamlin, Flacco .. others?

DPOY could be Garrett, Parsons ... I like Crosby but not sure he can get it. A lot of these awards will be decided in next two weeks--a ig performance by someone could vault them to first in voters' minds.
John and I have discussed this a little bit it sure feels like a big close to the season will lock DPOY in an otherwise crowded field. If Parsons or Garrett can log a 3 sack game that's probably it.
NWebster

Post by NWebster »

Brian wolf wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:04 pm In terms of team impact, TJ Watt, Garrett and Crosby are close, with Crosby playing hurt as well. Bland has those TDs though, which might hurt Parsons' chance. Gardner is NY is great as well but the team cant take advantage ...

MVP -- CMC
OPOY -- Hill
DPOY -- Garrett
COTY -- Ryans ... this team was a laughingstock. Cleveland has had higher expectations with both Mayfield and Watson, as well as more talent than the Texans. Close vote though

CBPOY -- Hamlin of course ...
OROY -- Stroud but very close with Gibbs, Nacua, Addison, Robinson and LaPorta just behind. Will Achane for Miami step up with the division on the line?
DROY -- You called it John, possibly Carter. Who else has had impact?
Hate to be this way, but Hamlin has played 17 defensive snaps this season, down from 800+ last year. He has played 90 or so special teams snaps. But question, what if he was on the roster but never saw the field, would he still get it? What if he was "with the team" but didn't make the active roster, would he get it? What's the lower limit for being a comeback player? In Damar's case the lower limit seems to have been established as, sees the field.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

To be honest Nick, I didnt think Hamlin should ever play football again but he came back anyway. Talk about getting back in the saddle! A great story getting back on the field.
JameisBrownston

Post by JameisBrownston »

Stefanski or Shanahan for Coach. DP is strongly contested, lot of high sack guys this year. Watt probably has the inside track though. I'd vote Puka over Stroud for OROY but I'm very charitable to non-QBs in general.
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

I can't see Hamlin as comeback player of the year. To me, that award goes to a guy who was pretty good at some point in the past, went through a fairly long down period (meaning a season or more), and then returned to his "pretty goodness" for the season in question.

Hamlin was okay in 2022 without being particularly noticeable before suffering the famous injury and barely played this season, so I don't see how that qualifies as an award-worth comeback.

I'd vote for Joe Flacco.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Its funny we mentioned Parsons and he has his best game against the run that I have seen him play last night against Detroit.
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

No love for Dan Campbell as COTY?
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Campbell has done a great job, minus last night but the Lions have had the expectations to win this year--especially with Rodgers gone--and have met them. The Texans are rolling over the Titans, as I speak, and no one thought they could have a winning season with Ryans--though Stefanski and the Browns whipped them without Stroud--I would go with Ryans.

One encouraging thing about last night was the play of Hutchinson and Vildor on defense. Maybe Hutchinson can ride this momentum into the playoffs? Vildor made a great tackle to force a Lamb fumble out of the endzone that kept them in the game.