Dumb obscure player trivia

Bryan

Re: Dumb obscure player trivia

Post by Bryan »

Bryan wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:53 pm Name the dumb obscure player....

Player #3: I played 3 full seasons in the NFL as a backup TE, then I played as a replacement player in 1987. I never scored a TD and had only 6 career catches, but I was a good special teams player. I have a soundbite in a prominent NFL Films video. I was also a TE in college, and had 37 receptions in my career.
The answer is Mark Witte.

Player #4: I played three seasons in the NFL, starting at OLB for two of them. I retired to pursue my law degree, only to return to the NFL 4 years later. I was on my original team, but wore a different number. I had a fine season, leading all LBs in INTs for the year, only to retire once again, this time for good.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Yes, Bryan ... we were stumped on Mark Witte ... haha
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

Player #5:

I played in the NFL, as did my brother and now my son is playing. I was a tight end in my last year, and is also the position of my son. I also played defensive end, as did my brother. My daughter in law is the second best pal (as player wives) of a famous celebrity, who is dating a teammate of my son. Who am I?
Last edited by Gary Najman on Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Brian wolf wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:18 pm Yes, Bryan ... we were stumped on Mark Witte ... haha
He's not going to run 40 yards without hitting somebody.