How will Belichick's final chapter be written?

GameBeforeTheMoney

Re: How will Belichick's final chapter be written?

Post by GameBeforeTheMoney »

If he is indeed let go by the Patriots, my guess is that if he still wants to coach, there will be a job available.
Podcast: https://Podcast.TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Website/Blog: https://TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Author's Name: Jackson Michael
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

racepug wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:14 pm
JohnTurney wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:25 pm I think he has strong chance of being the Panthers head coach next year.
Not a bad guess. But is he going to want to deal with this? https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-power-rank ... 25651.html
Don't know the answer to that, but they will be able to take another QB later in draft they may like... I am only guessing but lack of a QB
wouldn't deter him if he got the $$ and control he wanted.

But, again, was just thinking Panthers would be a good place, owner who probably would worship someone like BB...someone he can say "You're going to give me control, big money, and not go all flaky and fire me after a year ... this is going to take more than that to turn around".
racepug

Post by racepug »

Brian wolf wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:56 pm Would BB be willing to be traded to the LA Chargers for compensation? Kraft would have to pay him for 2024 whether he stays or is fired but if he is not in agreement to be traded, he could still retire. I still believe Belichick and Daboll could swap jobs in NY but the Chargers job might be the best situation for him to agree to.

The team has talent galore and a city with better weather
. If Kraft and BB are willing to do a trade, it makes the most sense other than NY, who BB always has a soft spot for. I dont believe he would want to follow Brady to TB, though that team has talent as well. Kraft better make sure BB is persuasive because he will still get paid for doing nothing. I still hope BB can get another year in NE with a top draft prospect at QB but with all the free agent money that has been squandered in the last four seasons, Kraft may feel his team needs to be built more from the draft ...
Somebody I know sent me an e-mail to that effect. If I were putting odds on it I'd put better ones on B.B. going to L.A. to be head coach of the Chargers than on him going to CAR for all the reasons you cite.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Would Blank try to get BB for Atlanta? Arthur Smith could be gone, and this team is loaded with offensive talent. Ridder is having a tough first year as starter but maybe Belichick could get more out of him or Heinicke next year? If NE could get Williams rather than Arizona or Chicago, would Kraft still let him go?
racepug

Post by racepug »

Travis Kelce isn't keen on the idea of B.B. ending up with the Chargers: https://sports.yahoo.com/travis-kelce-d ... 41823.html
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Unless the Redskins or Seahawks hire Belichick, his final chapter may stop as of 2024. Maybe he wanted too much control in Atlanta but its still surprising that the Falcons, Chargers or Giants havent gotten him? Ben Johnson seems to be the frontrunner in Washington but would the Hawks go for Vrabel as well?

Maybe BB could take a year off and get the Cowboys job in 2025?
JWL

Post by JWL »

Brian wolf wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:22 pm Unless the Redskins or Seahawks hire Belichick, his final chapter may stop as of 2024. Maybe he wanted too much control in Atlanta but its still surprising that the Falcons, Chargers or Giants havent gotten him? Ben Johnson seems to be the frontrunner in Washington but would the Hawks go for Vrabel as well?

Maybe BB could take a year off and get the Cowboys job in 2025?
What Giants job is open for Belichick? They have a GM and head coach.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

So what JWL? You would rather have Daboll than take a chance on Belichick? The Giants finished better than they started but it wasnt much better than the Patriots season. For much of the year they werent even averaging 14 points per game.
JameisBrownston

Post by JameisBrownston »

This is pretty shocking. Even Kraft seemed to assume he'd get snapped up immediately. It doesn't appear anyone but Atlanta has even interviewed him. Is Dave Canales really that much more in demand?! Come on.
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

I've never closely followed Belichick's career, never thought much of him one way or the other, to be honest. So, stepping back a little, what I see is a coach who went 29-39 his last 4 seasons (including losing a single playoff appearance); is ornery, difficult, and expensive; and will be 72 years old in a few weeks. Not the kind of guy I'd want to introduce to players and fans as the "new" face of the franchise. I absolutely respect BB's 6 Super Bowl wins and everything else he's accomplished, but the NFL (like most things in life) is a "what have you done for me lately" business.

If I were BB, I'd just ride off into the sunset, enjoy my millions, and grab a cushy multi-million-dollar job as a TV analyst. Life's short, and it sure as hell is a whole lot shorter when you're 72.