Overhyping the schedule release

sheajets

Overhyping the schedule release

Post by sheajets »

This is just too much at this point. We know the opponents already this is not some waiting with baited breathe moment

What exactly is going on that needs to be so drawn out and hyped? The schedule used to just be...released. And that was that. This isn't an event in any way. Pre season games aren't for another 3 months or so. And so much ends up changing during the season. Expected great teams underachieve or crash and burn. Big games turn into nothing games...afterthought games turn into big games. Guys get injured etc. We can't look at these games in MAY and assume anything.

This is a day of some interest sure, not a great reveal. The NFL is just looking silly overpromoting something that for decades nobody lost their mind over

I get what they did with the draft making it a pop culture event. I do miss the Saturday morning drafts that were just for the true football nerds. But I get why the NFL turned it into a nauseating clown fashion show that takes way way too long and gimmick filled. It makes them tons of $. Trying to make the schedule release a landmark event on the NFL calendar is just getting greedy
RichardBak

Re: Overhyping the schedule release

Post by RichardBak »

The 11th Commandment: If can be hyped, it shall be hyped.
John Maxymuk

Post by John Maxymuk »

The Titans had some fun with it...
https://twitter.com/i/status/1656827454118412289
racepug

Post by racepug »

It's fun to look ahead and it just shows how popular the sport/league is in the U.S. In my opinion the NFL is the only professional sports league (at least on this continent) that deserves to have its schedule release presented in the way that it is.
Mark

Post by Mark »

It is pretty easy to just look up the schedule if someone wants to avoid the hype.