Andy Piascik's Take on Seniors

Discuss candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the PFRA's Hall of Very Good
rewing84

Re: Andy Piascik's Take on Seniors

Post by rewing84 »

Honest Opinion Gang what do you think of these 25

1. Bruno Banducci

2. Dick Barwegen

3. Jim Benton

4. Gene Brito

5. Ed Budde

6. Lavern Dilweg

7. Ox Emerson

8. Randy Gradishar

9. Larry Grantham

10. Leon Gray

11. Cornell Green

12. Chuck Howley

13. Billy Howton

14. Harold Jackson

15. Verne Lewellen

16. Eddie Meador

17. John Niland

18. Jimmy Patton

19. Michael Dean Perry

20. Duane Putnam

21. Lou Rymkus

22. Del Shofner

23. Jim Ray Smith

24. Walt Sweeney

25. Al Wistert
Andy Piascik

Post by Andy Piascik »

It's a very good list and certainly much better than that of the Senior Committee. What would you say if we dropped Benton, Budde and Jackson and replaced them with Dave Grayson, George Kunz and George Christensen?
rewing84

Post by rewing84 »

Andy Piascik wrote:It's a very good list and certainly much better than that of the Senior Committee. What would you say if we dropped Benton, Budde and Jackson and replaced them with Dave Grayson, George Kunz and George Christensen?
Updated List Thanks for the feedback Andy P.

1. Bruno Banducci

2. Dick Barwegen

3. Gene Brito

4. George Christensen

5. Lavern Dilweg

6. Ox Emerson

7. Randy Gradishar

8. Larry Grantham

9. Leon Gray

10. Dave Grayson

11. Cornell Green

12. Chuck Howley

13. Billy Howton

14. George Kunz

15. Verne Lewellen

16. Eddie Meador

17. John Niland

18. Jimmy Patton

19. Michael Dean Perry

20. Duane Putnam

21. Lou Rymkus

22. Del Shofner

23. Jim Ray Smith

24. Walt Sweeney

25. Al Wistert
rewing84

Post by rewing84 »

if anybody can think of three more names i could add to this list after the 3 seniors for 2023 get nominated elected Let me know
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Though you dont support Isbell, Nobis or Craig making the HOF Andy, they along with Dilweg and Gradishar still represent five of the remaining eight members of the Blue Ribbon Panel's finalist list from 2020 and could get elected these next three years with hopefully, Lewellen, Emerson and Wistert(leftovers) making the semifinals in that timeframe. Hopefully, Howley and Meador could get elected ahead of Isbell, Nobis or Craig ... We will see
rewing84

Post by rewing84 »

Brian wolf wrote:Though you dont support Isbell, Nobis or Craig making the HOF Andy, they along with Dilweg and Gradishar still represent five of the remaining eight members of the Blue Ribbon Panel's finalist list from 2020 and could get elected these next three years with hopefully, Lewellen, Emerson and Wistert(leftovers) making the semifinals in that timeframe. Hopefully, Howley and Meador could get elected ahead of Isbell, Nobis or Craig ... We will see
hypothetically brian what if one year they picked three super seniors what would you think
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

It would be great Robert but I am hopeful its at least one per year. That may be a miracle with these voters. I consider super-seniors players that mostly played before 1960, though players like Howton, Jim Ray Smith, Tunnell and others played further into the decade.
TanksAndSpartans

Post by TanksAndSpartans »

A super senior to me is a player who played before WWII. Every decade has snubs, but in my opinion, the '50s i.e. the golden era is pretty well represented in the HOF.
rewing84

Post by rewing84 »

TanksAndSpartans wrote:A super senior to me is a player who played before WWII. Every decade has snubs, but in my opinion, the '50s i.e. the golden era is pretty well represented in the HOF.
Good point i can respect that
rewing84

Post by rewing84 »

Hey Gang im curious i was doing some research and the name Glenn Presnell caught my eye and interest should i add him to my 25 seniors list for the class of 2024 appreciate the feed back