2021 NFL predictions

sluggermatt15

Re: 2021 NFL predictions

Post by sluggermatt15 »

I feel pretty good about the Bengals winning. They have gotten it done so far, no matter how far down. I don't know that I trust Stafford as much as I do as Burrow with what he's got. If it came down to a game-winning field goal, I'd trust McPherson (even though he is a rookie) far more than Matt Gay.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Crazy game ... The Rams pass rush decided it ...
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

Cinci did a remarkable job. They really have been the most threadbare franchise in football. Tiny market, smallest scouting staff...but they got there. They have to do things a bit differently sometimes to stay competitive (like their strategy of bringing in cheap troubled but talented players that other teams won't bother touching hoping that things work out). But they have some great football people entrenched up there. They've made the playoffs 7 times since 2009. Not an easy thing to do with bullies like Balt and Pitt lurking in their division, and the circumstances they operate under.

But they didn't get it done. And now they're going to find out how very very hard it is to get back there. Burrow may go on to have a great great career...but he's not somehow destined to ever see another Super Bowl
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

Well, Cincy did prove---again---that it is possible for a team to go from crapola to Super Bowl in a couple seasons. Cincy gives us Lions fans hope. (It'd be better if they'd also give us Burrow.)
Mark

Post by Mark »

I would love to see a Lions-Browns Super Bowl. In addition to two teams that have not been it would hearken back to the 50s championship games. Nothing against the Ravens but if they were still the Browns we could have had a Browns-Giants SB [two great rivals from the 50s & 60s] and a Browns-49ers SB [two AAFC teams]
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

Wouldn't that be something---a Lions-Browns Super Bowl? Stranger things have happened. But I don't if I'll be around to see it. Or any of us.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

A Lions - Browns SB would be great to see, especially if Goff could pull it off but I think Mayfield is overrated and may not stay with the Brownies. We will see though because the Browns have the best running game in the NFL with the Titans and Ravens closely behind.
sluggermatt15

Post by sluggermatt15 »

Any of the four franchises that have never played in the Big Game - Detroit, Cleveland, Houston, and Jacksonville - I think would make for an interesting championship.
GameBeforeTheMoney

Post by GameBeforeTheMoney »

Browns and Lions would be awesome. I mean, it's hard for me to imagine any football historian not enjoying that 50s rematch.
Podcast: https://Podcast.TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Website/Blog: https://TheGameBeforeTheMoney.com

Author's Name: Jackson Michael