Jets new uniforms

JWL

Jets new uniforms

Post by JWL »

The Jets new uniforms have leaked on the internet. There is a photo showing six Jets wearing different variations.

The best thing I can say is that the new uniforms are not an abomination. There is no weird element on the uniforms like we have with the Buccaneers, Seahawks, Falcons, Titans and some other teams.

The uniforms with the white jersey look nicest to me. The greens are alright. I don't like the black jersey. I'm just going off one still image, though.
Reaser

Re: Jets new uniforms

Post by Reaser »

I saw a picture this morning that people said wasn't real? When I saw it I thought they were a Saskatchewan Roughriders concept until it said "Jets new uniforms leaked" and clicked on the larger picture and saw Jets players. Though I'd wait until they actually have their -apparently mandatory these days- glorified fashion show to reveal them since there's usually a lot of photoshopped stuff that comes out when a team is known to be getting new uniforms.
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

It's odd. It's clearly the players wearing them that would be wearing them in the promotional shoot(likely before Bell was signed). If they're not real then where did that promo photo come from with the players posed as they are? That looks exactly like a glossy that would be given out at the event tomorrow. Which yes are ridiculous runway fashion shows with guys striking dominant aggressive posing, yelling, smoke machines, fire machines, and various other shock effects

Really it looked like an updated 1990's uniform look. It's ok. Not too zany and stupid like the seahawks or bucs, but edgy enough to not be boring.
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

JWL

Post by JWL »

Reaser wrote:I saw a picture this morning that people said wasn't real? When I saw it I thought they were a Saskatchewan Roughriders concept until it said "Jets new uniforms leaked" and clicked on the larger picture and saw Jets players. Though I'd wait until they actually have their -apparently mandatory these days- glorified fashion show to reveal them since there's usually a lot of photoshopped stuff that comes out when a team is known to be getting new uniforms.
If those seen in the photo are real, then I would be underwhelmed, but, again, at least it wouldn't been an abominable look. The Jets would continue to just be ripped for their play as opposed to their play and bad uniforms.

I don't care if the new uniforms are too Saskatchewan Roughridery.

Considering what Topps and Panini can do with images on trading cards (see James Paxton's latest Topps card that makes him look like he is wearing a Yankees uniform when it is actually a photo from him pitching with the Mariners), that photo very well could be doctored.
JWL

Post by JWL »

They are alright. I expect most on this board to like them since there is no nutty design element. I recall all the previous threads where Bucs, Seahawks, Browns unis were panned on here.
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

Yup, the white one isn't too bad. And overall the best thing about them is that they aren't completely ridiculous. In other words, considering what's been done with most teams new uniforms in recent times, it could have ended up a lot worse. I don't necessarily like them, but I also wasn't expecting them to be good. Just was hoping they wouldn't be a complete joke, and they aren't. Suppose that's the best thing you can hope for with anything football related these days. Not being a total clown show is the modern 'good'.
Todd Pence

Post by Todd Pence »

I absolutely hate the trend of teams with no black in their official colors taking to wearing black jerseys (Lions, Eagles, etc.) My old high school's football team also does this these days and they look terrible. Green and black as a color combo just does not work.
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

Does a team have any choice about changing their uniforms or does the NFL force them to do it so Nike can get some free publicity?

So far, the Packers have kept a classic look but I worry that they'll have to go to some godawful design one of these seasons.
JWL

Post by JWL »

Todd Pence wrote:I absolutely hate the trend of teams with no black in their official colors taking to wearing black jerseys (Lions, Eagles, etc.) My old high school's football team also does this these days and they look terrible. Green and black as a color combo just does not work.
I am not sure about the Eagles, Lions and 49ers, but, as of yesterday, black is an official color for the Jets.