NFL 100th anniversary

ChrisBabcock

NFL 100th anniversary

Post by ChrisBabcock »

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... 100-events
The National Football League will celebrate its 100th Season in 2019 with a year-long series of "NFL 100" events, initiatives and programming centered around fans, players and communities, it was announced tonight.

The historic and unprecedented celebration will salute the millions of fans who love the game; highlight the unifying nature of football and its positive impact in communities; bring together generations of past, present and future players; and look ahead to the NFL's next 100 years. In the coming months, information will be shared about national and local "NFL 100" plans and ways fans can join in the celebration.

A special "NFL 100" logo, unveiled tonight during halftime of the Thursday Night Football game, will be prominently displayed throughout the 100th season -- during celebrations on the field, in stadiums, game broadcasts, NFL Films and NFL Network programming, and digital and social media content. In addition, the "NFL 100" logo will be featured on game balls and on every player's game jersey in the neck area. NFL business partners will also use the logo in activations and on an array of merchandise.

"For nearly 100 years, the NFL has been part of the fabric of America, unifying communities and bringing fans together to support their favorite teams and players," said NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. "We have the greatest fans in the world. Next year, we will join our fans in celebrating what this incredible game means to each of us."

Additional Background

"NFL 100" will officially kick off at Super Bowl LIII in Atlanta and will be featured during offseason events like the Draft in Nashville and enshrinement week at the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton. The celebration will ramp up during the lead-up to the Kickoff of the 2019 season in September and continue throughout the season, culminating at Super Bowl LIV in Miami.

Among the planned celebratory programs:

-- Weekends in local team markets will bring together high school football programs with fan festivals and NFL games that celebrate past, present and future players and coaches.

-- A blue-ribbon panel of former players, general managers, coaches, NFL historians and media will select the All-Time Team and the 10 greatest coaches in NFL history. The All-Time Team and many other on-field accomplishments will be celebrated throughout next year.

-- NFL Media -- including NFL Network and NFL Films -- will offer original programming and content to celebrate the 100th season across multiple platforms.
JWL

Re: NFL 100th anniversary

Post by JWL »

I like the 100 logo.

Okay, after reading that, this seems as good a time as any to start threads on our all time NFL teams and top 10 head coaches.
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

I like the NFL 100th logo as well

Loved the 75 Seasons Anniversary logo when it was revealed but it hasn't aged well in my opinion

The 75 Seasons book is spectacular. It will be celebrating 25 seasons as a mainstay on my coffee table. Loved the TV program as well
Last edited by sheajets on Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

The 75 Seasons book is spectacular. It will be celebrating 25 seasons as a mainstay on my coffee table.
Agreed. The video they put together was well done as well.
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

ChrisBabcock wrote:
The 75 Seasons book is spectacular. It will be celebrating 25 seasons as a mainstay on my coffee table.
Agreed. The video they put together was well done as well.
Thought it was neat how they featured Arda Bowser on it, who passed in 1996. 1922 member of the NFL Champion Canton Bulldogs and WW1 veteran
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

Gotta disagree on logo. 1989 called, and wants its design style back
JeffreyMiller

Post by JeffreyMiller »

I was contacted over the summer by someone from the league inquiring about Buffalo's Canisius Villa (where the All-Americans played their first few years) and the possibility of shooting some footage there as part of a series of pieces to be done in each of the original franchise cities. We spoke a couple of times but haven't heard anything in a while. She said she'd get back to me, but ...
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

JeffreyMiller wrote:I was contacted over the summer by someone from the league inquiring about Buffalo's Canisius Villa (where the All-Americans played their first few years) and the possibility of shooting some footage there as part of a series of pieces to be done in each of the original franchise cities. We spoke a couple of times but haven't heard anything in a while. She said she'd get back to me, but ...
Ohhhhhhhh. That would be interesting to see! (If they put something like that together)
TanksAndSpartans

Post by TanksAndSpartans »

Is the Dolphins player around the :22 mark Andra Franklin?
JohnH19

Post by JohnH19 »

The new logo is too busy for my liking. The 50th anniversary logo was perfect. It looked fantastic on the 16 NFL team uniforms. The AFL 10 patch that the Chiefs wore in SB 4 was also very nice.