Bills snow game

John Grasso

Bills snow game

Post by John Grasso »

Yesterday's Bills-Colts game was one of the most entertaining I've ever seen.
Steve Tasker who was the sideline reporter and has lived and played in Buffalo
for 30 years called the weather the worst he'd ever experienced. The game
was quite competitive even though it was basically a meaningless game for the Colts.
Since PFRA has a fair amount of members in the Buffalo area I'm wondering
whether any of them were in attendance.

(I live about 200 miles southeast of Buffalo and we only had about an inch of snow).
ChrisBabcock

Re: Bills snow game

Post by ChrisBabcock »

I know that Greg Tranter was there. He attends most Bills home games. I live in Tonawanda, about 20 miles north of the stadium and we had only a dusting of snow. That's how weird lake effect snow can be! We would have had the first 8-7 score in NFL history if it weren't for pass interference on the Colts 2-point attempt. They had to make a 40+ yard extra point instead.

I see you're in Guilford. We have friends in Bainbridge, only one town south of you according to the map.
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

That long extra point try by Vinatieri, I've never seen a kick hook like that before.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
JWL

Post by JWL »

The Bills in all red increased the great visual aspect of the game.
LJP

Post by LJP »

I've never understood why they don't play the Super Bowl outdoors in cold weather cities, well not any more anyway.

The weather can interfere in any (outdoor) game during the regular and post-season, so why not the Super Bowl?

Don't want all those celebrity so-called fans getting cold I suppose?
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

I have a feeling they chose to wear the red jerseys as soon as they saw the weather report... so that receivers downfield would be more visible.
NWebster

Post by NWebster »

ChrisBabcock wrote:
I have a feeling they chose to wear the red jerseys as soon as they saw the weather report... so that receivers downfield would be more visible.
It's one of those aspects of the game that I must admit I know little about, but how and when do teams chose uniforms. I'd assume it has to be done beforehand and cleared with the league - cannot imagine the league that fines people for having socks too low allows them to just pick Red 10 minutes before gametime. But then I suppose it wasn't always that way, any sense of how it works now and did over time?
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

One of my favorite games to watch in a while.

Also worked out that the game was on CBS so when it comes to snow, the broadcast was handled properly. They let the picture and game speak for itself. As opposed to FOX in 2013 when they partially ruined the viewing pleasure and aesthetics of football in the snow with a superimposed grid/field markings put on/over the screen.
Ronfitch

Post by Ronfitch »

It's the after-game that really counts ...

"After Bills pulled out victory, they pushed drivers free of snow"
http://buffalonews.com/2017/12/11/sean- ... e-of-snow/
"Now, I want pizza." 
 - Ken Crippen
JWL

Post by JWL »

NWebster wrote:
ChrisBabcock wrote:
It's one of those aspects of the game that I must admit I know little about, but how and when do teams chose uniforms. I'd assume it has to be done beforehand and cleared with the league - cannot imagine the league that fines people for having socks too low allows them to just pick Red 10 minutes before gametime. But then I suppose it wasn't always that way, any sense of how it works now and did over time?
It is announced well in advance of the game.