All-time John Fox starting lineup

74_75_78_79_

All-time John Fox starting lineup

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

Carolina 2002 thru 2010, Denver 2011 thru 2014, and Bears 2015 to present. This particular one being different in that this involves a HC who's still coaching. Pretty damn obvious who starts at QB! Steve Smith at WR quickly comes to mind as well. Anyone from these recent Bears, by chance, make the cut?
Shipley

Re: All-time John Fox starting lineup

Post by Shipley »

Who cares?
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

Shipley wrote:Who cares?
I LOLed. :lol:

Who is next? All-time Walt Kiesling team? ;)

No offense intended to a fellow Steelers' fan but there are plenty of other/better coaches to feature... and their careers aren't still active.
74_75_78_79_

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

Yes, there's better HCs, but he has had a longer career than one thinks. Led two different teams to a SB, the first of those inheriting a 1-15 club, turning it to 8-8 his very first year, then coming extremely close to beating the Pats for all the marbles the year after. Yes, many gave that '03 Pats squad a good game, and that 1-15 Seifert-led Panthers campaign may have been a bit of an anomaly being they were 7-9 year before that; but still. He is from the School of Chuck Noll (starting out in '89) and DC'd an historically underrated '00 Giants' D (that year's Ravens, of course, hogging all notoriety). The jury's still out on his time now in Chicago; this season all-too critical. I'm guessing most players on this lineup will be Broncos.

In addition to waiting a bit to do another of these, I'll be sure to do a retired SB-winner next. Holmgren wouldn't be a bad one. Maybe Dungy too. Bill Cowher? Now that would be quite tough, especially for me to do. Would hate leaving some greats out of the lineup.
Last edited by 74_75_78_79_ on Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Najman

Post by Gary Najman »

I'm waiting for the "All-Time Bum Phillips team", just to compare Stabler, Campbell, Merkens, Fritsch, Leon Gray et al, just to compare them in Houston and New Orleans. :D
Last edited by Gary Najman on Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

I'm wondering how many Chiefs, Alouettes or Blitz would make the all-Marv Levy team. (seriously, not joking)
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

ChrisBabcock wrote:I'm wondering how many Chiefs, Alouettes or Blitz would make the all-Marv Levy team. (seriously, not joking)

Art Still LDE
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

JuggernautJ wrote:
Shipley wrote:Who cares?
I LOLed. :lol:

Who is next? All-time Walt Kiesling team? ;)

No offense intended to a fellow Steelers' fan but there are plenty of other/better coaches to feature... and their careers aren't still active.
How about all-time Steagles team? All-time Card-Pitt team?
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
Shipley

Post by Shipley »

As a Redskin fan, I'm hoping to see an all-time Norv Turner starting line-up, or better still, one for Jim Zorn!
74_75_78_79_

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

Bears players in italics

QB - Peyton Manning
RB - Jordan Howard (5.2 ypc in 2016)
FB - Brad Hoover
WR - Steve Smith
WR - Demaryius Thomas
LT - Ryan Clady
LG - Mike Wahle
C - Ryan Kalil
RG - Louis Vasquez
RT - Kyle Long
TE - Julius Thomas

LDE - Julius Peppers
LDT - Brenston Buckner
RDT - Kris Jenkins
RDE - DeMarcus Ware
LOLB - Elvis Dumervil
LILB - Von Miller
RILB - Jon Beason
ROLB - Will Witherspoon
LCB - Champ Bailey
RCB - Chris Harris
SS - TJ Ward
FS - Rahim Moore

*In the event of 3-4, I'll remove Brenston and place Jenkins at nose. 4-3? Bench Witherspoon.

K - Matt Prater
P - Todd Sauerbrun
KR and PR - Steve Smith