More Colour

Post by LJP »

LJP

Re: More Colour

Post by LJP »

LJP

Post by LJP »

Fixed version of the Danny McMullen colorization - https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=Da ... (1930).png
JohnTurney

cannot see your McMullen....link issue,

Post by JohnTurney »

jeckle_and_heckle

Post by jeckle_and_heckle »

There's no great fan of colorization in this cornfield but those are outstanding! Never seen better! Impressed!
What is most attractive is the attention to detail - the chain, the label on the meat package, and many other features.
NICE JOB! In fact - SUPER JOB!
As an aside, flipping through the pages of the newspaper, it was nice to be reminded of:
Jimmy Walker, Richard Arlen in "The All-American," Old Gold guaranteeing no cough, Johnston & Murphy shoes for a sawbuck, and, of course, the legendary Joe Cronin.
I "talked" with my Dad and the old man is looking down and smiling at your work.
"ROGER THAT"
LJP

Re: cannot see your McMullen....link issue,

Post by LJP »

Yeah, same source picture, just my version of the colour.

Pretty sure those are legs and not socks : )

Helmet was a bit of guesswork, could easily be tan/leather and not orange.

The above mentioned fix was that the original image was somewhat discoloured and so everything had a somewhat yellowish/sepia colour to it. Desaturated the original and replaced the base layer image with the new image.
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

LJP wrote:
Yeah, same source picture, just my version of the colour.

Pretty sure those are legs and not socks : )

Helmet was a bit of guesswork, could easily be tan/leather and not orange.

The above mentioned fix was that the original image was somewhat discoloured and so everything had a somewhat yellowish/sepia colour to it. Desaturated the original and replaced the base layer image with the new image.
For some reason I cannot see yours...could you repost link? Would love to see it
LJP

Post by LJP »

JohnTurney wrote:For some reason I cannot see yours...could you repost link? Would love to see it
Sorry, must have pasted the wrong link.

This should work - https://www.dropbox.com/s/mrh3ow518eh0q ... 930%29.png
JohnTurney

Post by JohnTurney »

LJP wrote:
JohnTurney wrote:For some reason I cannot see yours...could you repost link? Would love to see it
Sorry, must have pasted the wrong link.

This should work - https://www.dropbox.com/s/mrh3ow518eh0q ... 930%29.png

yes, thanks. And of couse, colors are certainly debatable and those likely are legs...I may end up changing mine... but I like to see people's work.Well done.
LJP

Post by LJP »

jeckle_and_heckle wrote:There's no great fan of colorization in this cornfield but those are outstanding! Never seen better! Impressed!
What is most attractive is the attention to detail - the chain, the label on the meat package, and many other features.
NICE JOB! In fact - SUPER JOB!
Thanks.

Ironically, colouring Harold Ely himself took about an hour. The rest took 7+ hours.

The colorization helps with my Autism; I get to switch off completely, which is nice.