PFRA merchandise available soon, looking for suggestions

JuggernautJ

Re: PFRA merchandise available soon, looking for suggestions

Post by JuggernautJ »

Re: Proof
The logo overprints (is on top of) the "Pro Football" text at the top but on the bottom the text "Researchers Association" overprints the logo.
(Notice how you can't see the bottom point of the shield?)

I assume the printer has specified that there will be white under the logo... what about the text?
(I doubt it but worth asking).

Red is definitely not my color.... but as the "Est. 1979" text is dark and would disappear on a Navy or Black T I guess I am out of luck...
(White text, as you've done on the "Pro..." type, will show on any color)
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

JuggernautJ wrote:Re: Proof
The logo overprints (is on top of) the "Pro Football" text at the top but on the bottom the text "Researchers Association" overprints the logo.

I assume the printer has specified that there will be white under the logo... what about the text?

Red is definitely not my color.... but as the "Est. 1979" text is dark and would disappear on a Navy or Black T I guess I am out of luck...
Doesn't it say there are 5 colors?
JohnH19

Post by JohnH19 »

I love the look of the shirt except that the text above and below the logo should be much smaller and more subtle. Maybe it doesn't need to be there at all. The logo itself looks beautiful on the shirt!
Mark L. Ford
Site Moderator

Post by Mark L. Ford »

The display is of our initial run of shirts, which we had to order last week in order for them to be ready when we get to Green Bay, but that doesn't mean that it's a permanent design. The logo seems to stand out on bright red better than it would on other backgrounds that were considered, and the choices we weighed were for a large logo, or a smaller logo on the left chest. I like the idea of black or dark blue as well as a future offering.

I appreciate the great response here-- Just to sum up the ideas that we've seen advanced so far, golf shirts, baseball caps (tan or black), hooded sweatshirts, coffee mugs, beer steins, mousepads, shot glasses, pens, mini-footballs, big footballs, a football-shaped paperweight... and what I would describe as a G-string and the first in a series of "football author bobbleheads".

A lot of those choices are governed by the cost per unit, the quantity that has to be ordered, the product's fragility, etc., weighed against the forecast of how many units would sell in a particular price range. Still, this is a good start; no doubt, we'll running ideas past you all again before we decide on whether to put something on the market.
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

rhickok1109 wrote:
JuggernautJ wrote:Re: Proof

Doesn't it say there are 5 colors?
It does say there are 5 colors.
But it does not specify exactly where the white is printing. I can see white around the shield (and of course the white text) but there is nothing that specifies white under the logo itself.
It is usual to put white under the logo on a piece like this but some cut-rate printers will try to squeeze a few extra dollars out of a project by cutting corners on unsuspecting customers (they then claim ignorance and charge you again to reprint properly).

As a Journeyman Printer and career print buyer I was just trying to watch out for "us".
JeffreyMiller

Post by JeffreyMiller »

Mark L. Ford wrote:The display is of our initial run of shirts, which we had to order last week in order for them to be ready when we get to Green Bay, but that doesn't mean that it's a permanent design. The logo seems to stand out on bright red better than it would on other backgrounds that were considered, and the choices we weighed were for a large logo, or a smaller logo on the left chest. I like the idea of black or dark blue as well as a future offering.

I appreciate the great response here-- Just to sum up the ideas that we've seen advanced so far, golf shirts, baseball caps (tan or black), hooded sweatshirts, coffee mugs, beer steins, mousepads, shot glasses, pens, mini-footballs, big footballs, a football-shaped paperweight... and what I would describe as a G-string and the first in a series of "football author bobbleheads".

A lot of those choices are governed by the cost per unit, the quantity that has to be ordered, the product's fragility, etc., weighed against the forecast of how many units would sell in a particular price range. Still, this is a good start; no doubt, we'll running ideas past you all again before we decide on whether to put something on the market.
So, what I'm hearing is, "... there will be a John Maxymuk bobblehead"!!
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."
Ronfitch

Post by Ronfitch »

JeffreyMiller wrote:
Mark L. Ford wrote:The display is of our initial run of shirts, which we had to order last week in order for them to be ready when we get to Green Bay, but that doesn't mean that it's a permanent design. The logo seems to stand out on bright red better than it would on other backgrounds that were considered, and the choices we weighed were for a large logo, or a smaller logo on the left chest. I like the idea of black or dark blue as well as a future offering.

So, what I'm hearing is, "... there will be a John Maxymuk bobblehead"!!
We can only hope.
"Now, I want pizza." 
 - Ken Crippen
Ronfitch

Post by Ronfitch »

Mark L. Ford wrote:
But the logo is subtly displayed. Some might say, tastefully.
"Now, I want pizza." 
 - Ken Crippen