WNY Chapter PFRA Meeting

JeffreyMiller

WNY Chapter PFRA Meeting

Post by JeffreyMiller »

The Gathering of the Western New York Chapter of the Professional Football researchers Association is officially on! The event will take place on April 9, 2016. The location of the event will be the Resource Center of Autism Services in Hamburg, NY, located at 97 Main Street in the village. We will begin at 2:00 and go until about 5:00, at which time we will adjourn for dinner.

We will have a terrific roster of guest speakers at the event, including ...

Ken Crippen - The president of the PFRA will be in attendance and will provide a "state-of-the-association" address, and maybe some insight into his latest project.

Michael Haim - the Buffalo Bills' chief statistician, Michael will talk about his work and answer questions attendees might have regarding stat keeping.

Ed Rutkowski - Member of the Buffalo Bills championship team from 1964 and 65, and current president of the team's alumni association, will be on hand to provide a report on alumni activities and maybe answer a few questions about the good old days ...

John Steffenhagen - great-grandson of Leo Lyons (the owner of the Rochester Jeffersons, an original NFL franchise) will be displaying some authentic artifacts from the Jeffersons and telling some stories about his great-grandfather.

Greg Tranter - owner of the world's largest collection of Bills memorabilia and artifacts, and board member of the Buffalo History Museum, will be bringing some fascinating items from his huge collection and sharing stories about collecting and curating.

Again, anyone has a special interest, collection or project you are working on, just let me know and we will make time on the agenda.

So far, we have 10 definites and 4 maybes for attendance. If you plan to bring any guests, please let me know so I can plan for the coffee and doughnuts.

Looking forward to a great time and meeting some of you for the first time. Any questions, please don't hesitate to shoot me an email at odosagih@aol.com

Regards,

Jeff Miller
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."