Tom Coughlin and the HoF

rhickok1109

Re: Tom Coughlin and the HoF

Post by rhickok1109 »

I'm a Packer fan and I wouldn't vote for Holmgren. He was thoroughly outcoached in SB XXXII, for one thing. He had the good fortune to be there with Wolf, who got him Favre.

As for fluky ... I would define it simply as meaning something very unlikely. For example, a QB not known for his ability to escape the sack getting away from Richard Seymour and two other defenders and heaving the ball wildly into double coverage to have a receiver who had only 4 regular-season receptions trap it against his helmet. Now, that's double fluky!
Jay Z

Post by Jay Z »

rhickok1109 wrote:I'm a Packer fan and I wouldn't vote for Holmgren. He was thoroughly outcoached in SB XXXII, for one thing. He had the good fortune to be there with Wolf, who got him Favre.

As for fluky ... I would define it simply as meaning something very unlikely. For example, a QB not known for his ability to escape the sack getting away from Richard Seymour and two other defenders and heaving the ball wildly into double coverage to have a receiver who had only 4 regular-season receptions trap it against his helmet. Now, that's double fluky!
Dungy and Coryell are on the ballot now... are they any better. Who else? Cowher? Dan Reeves? Dungy lost two years in a row to the Chargers in the first round, how is that possible with Peyton Manning?

For the 2007 Giants, the one they snuck out was the divisional to Dallas. Dallas really should have won that game.
conace21

Post by conace21 »

Jay Z wrote:
rhickok1109 wrote:I'm a Packer fan and I wouldn't vote for Holmgren. He was thoroughly outcoached in SB XXXII, for one thing. He had the good fortune to be there with Wolf, who got him Favre.

Dungy and Coryell are on the ballot now... are they any better. Who else? Cowher? Dan Reeves? Dungy lost two years in a row to the Chargers in the first round, how is that possible with Peyton Manning?
Considering Jim Mora, Jim Caldwell, and John Fox have all done it, I'd say it's quite easy to lose in the first round with Peyton Manning.