Odell Beckham Jr.: jerk

JWL

Odell Beckham Jr.: jerk

Post by JWL »

Unlike Rick Reilly, Beckham Jr. makes his spectacular one-hand catches during games. He is on the cover of the Madden video game and he is already a very good player. However, he plays like a jerk. He also engages in childish end zone antics after he scores touchdowns.

I have never seen a player more out of control than OBJ in the Panthers-Giants game yesterday. He got away with a slap, a punch, hands to an opponent's mouth, taunting, and removal of his own helmet on the field. He was flagged three times for other acts. The worst was when he used his helmet as a weapon to hit a defenseless player who was standing around a pile.

This guy has engaged in this sort of dirty behavior in the past but not to yesterday's extent. He got the Rams all riled up last year and that led to a sideline brawl. I am a little surprised yesterday's game did not have a brawl in it. He was also involved in jerk activities against the Bills this season.

The NFL tries to be all about safety these days. Considering that, then Beckham Jr deserves a 1-game suspension.
JeffreyMiller

Re: Odell Beckham Jr.: jerk

Post by JeffreyMiller »

Several of the Buffalo Bills defensive players commented after their game with the Giants that Beckham was acting as if he was supposed to be allowed to catch the ball ... as if they Bills secondary should let him have his shining moments as that is what the fans had come to see. No specifics were cited, other than the DBs commenting that he was behaving like a spoiled brat ...
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

He should have been ejected at least twice yesterday.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

JWL wrote: He got the Rams all riled up last year and that led to a sideline brawl.
Probably not that difficult to get the Rams all riled up and engaged in a brawl.
JWL

Post by JWL »

Bryan wrote:
JWL wrote: He got the Rams all riled up last year and that led to a sideline brawl.
Probably not that difficult to get the Rams all riled up and engaged in a brawl.
I understand what you are getting at and am aware of your anti-Jeff Fisher posts, but I don't see the Rams getting into sideline brawls on a regular basis.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

JWL wrote:I understand what you are getting at and am aware of your anti-Jeff Fisher posts, but I don't see the Rams getting into sideline brawls on a regular basis.
I do.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... r-fan-area
NWebster

Post by NWebster »

I watched every snap - he missed his opportunity with a drop after getting by Norman early - then Norman owned him the rest of the game. His response, pout like child, pick up ridiculous penalties, etc. I'm for tough play, but that was dirty, he was trying to intentionally hurt his opponent after the whistle - he's a punk, should have been ejected, hope he is suspended.
JWL

Post by JWL »

"Regular basis" to me would mean every week or just about every week.

I'd rather this not turn into another "Let's dump on Jeff Fisher for being a turd" thread. We've seen that already.

We have seen Beckham Jr. start problems vs teams other than the Rams. If you watch the Giants at Rams game from 2014 and tell me that a brawl occurred simply because it was a Rams game, then I will have to classify you as having an agenda.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

JWL wrote:If you watch the Giants at Rams game from 2014 and tell me that a brawl occurred simply because it was a Rams game, then I will have to classify you as having an agenda.
I agree that Beckham's recent actions warrant discipline/suspension, but the Giants/Rams brawl occurred after Alec Ogletree of the Rams drove Beckham into the turf out of bounds....simply a Rams game, though.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/12/21/ ... -with-hits
JWL

Post by JWL »

Bryan wrote:
JWL wrote:If you watch the Giants at Rams game from 2014 and tell me that a brawl occurred simply because it was a Rams game, then I will have to classify you as having an agenda.
I agree that Beckham's recent actions warrant discipline/suspension, but the Giants/Rams brawl occurred after Alec Ogletree of the Rams drove Beckham into the turf out of bounds....simply a Rams game, though.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/12/21/ ... -with-hits
Beckham Jr. was needling the Rams players prior to that brawl. There was a lot of talking. That day he may have been playing the role Josh Norman played yesterday or maybe not. One maybe would probably have needed to be on the field to know who the instigator was.

Yesterday there was clearly some trash talking going on. I don't think Norman dropping Beckham Jr. was out of line. We see that sort of thing often even with players at other positions. From there, things got ridiculous.