Any Carolina Panthers fans?

shaneh

Any Carolina Panthers fans?

Post by shaneh »

I'm curious if anybody on here closely follows the Panthers or is very knowledgeable about them. I've been tasked with finding someone to write an article about the team (less than 1,000 words) and provide some analysis/historical context.

If anyone is interested, send me a private message. This writing assignment is a paid gig.

Just so I'm not just posting an ad, I'd like to say the Panthers are amazing me. They lost arguably their best receiver (Benjamin) before the season to injury. A mainstay in the backfield and their third leading rusher, Williams, left for Pittsburgh. Greg Hardy was allowed to walk in free agency. They made the playoffs last year but as a laughingstock, only the second team to ever win a division with a sub-.500 record.

Going into the season, they were as much of a favorite to repeat as champs of their division as anyone else in that cesspool, but what if they finish 16-0 or even 15-1? That's exclusive company. I think only five teams finished exactly 15-1 and one was the '85 Bears.