PFRA WNY Chapter get-together

JeffreyMiller

PFRA WNY Chapter get-together

Post by JeffreyMiller »

Just putting it out there ... I am still interested in hosting a gathering of the WNY chapter of PFRA members, possibly some time in January or February in the Buffalo/Hamburg area. Would like a show of hands of who is interested. I will do my best to plan it around people's schedules ... Thinking we could have a nice meet and greet followed by a film session and perhaps a guest speaker, then dinner and drinks ... sort of a late-afternoon into evening affair. '

The WNY Chapter would include Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Toronto, Tonawanda, and more ...
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."
ChrisBabcock

Re: PFRA WNY Chapter get-together

Post by ChrisBabcock »

***raises hand***
Mark L. Ford
Site Moderator

Post by Mark L. Ford »

I'm glad to see someone putting together a gathering. In most cases (such as one earlier this year in California), all it takes is to pick a place-- in many instances, it's a sports bar or a restaurant -- and to pick an evening or a weekend afternoon to say, meet here for drinks. Doesn't matter whether you're a member or not. Here at PFRA, we're willing to help out on the communications process by getting the word out to members in your area.

While we will not give out a list of members to anybody, we can send out e-mails to folks in the area that say "_____ is organizing a gathering at _________, here's how to reach him if you're interested". In Western New York, there are members who live in Buffalo, Hamburg, Colden, North Tonawanda, Orchard Park, Springville, Kenmore, Williamsville, Livonia, Rochester, Horseheads... then there's Toronto in Ontario, and Erie in Pennsylvania.

These are informal gatherings of PFRA members and friends, and PFRA does not oversee these or organize them. Our role is limited to, upon request of a member, getting the word out to other members in the area. If you enjoy the get together with people who know their football history, make plans to meet again. There have been some gatherings that have led to local chapters being organized, the most prominent one being in Philadelphia. Again, being a PFRA member is not a requirement. If you're a member, bring a friend along. For more info, contact Lee Elder, or me, or Chris Willis, or Ken Crippen.
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

Mark L. Ford wrote:While we will not give out a list of members to anybody, we can send out e-mails to folks in the area that say "_____ is organizing a gathering at _________, here's how to reach him if you're interested".
At one point, about 4-5 years ago, Ken I think put together a list of PFRA members who voluntarily put their real names, phone numbers and email addresses on a contact list for members to reach one another outside the forum. It wasn't mandatory, if you wanted to be on the list, you could, if not, no problemo, and it was available to members only. I brought up the concept of a master PFRA member list (not mandatory, or course) at one of the group meetings (might have been at NFL Films) and later in the forum and there was interest in it and before long there was a word document or something. I would not have a problem if the list were updated or a new list were created and maintained.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen