This article taught me something and gave me hope

NWebster

This article taught me something and gave me hope

Post by NWebster »

I learned that DFS is "Daily Fantasy Sports", and I have hope that I can stop seeing all those f'ING Draft Kings and Fanduel commercials.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ess-there/
John Maxymuk

Re: This article taught me something and gave me hope

Post by John Maxymuk »

As much as I despise the DFS commercials, I do think the NY AG is overstepping his bounds and grandstanding.
MatthewToy

Post by MatthewToy »

I'd rather watch the same commercial a thousand times in a row instead of Big Brother getting involved in my life. I know gambling when I see it and I'd like to choose whether I wanna participate in it or not. Daily fantasy sites are bad but the state lottery is perfectly fine? Gimme a break, Gene!
mwald

Post by mwald »

MatthewToy wrote:I'd rather watch the same commercial a thousand times in a row instead of Big Brother getting involved in my life. I know gambling when I see it and I'd like to choose whether I wanna participate in it or not. Daily fantasy sites are bad but the state lottery is perfectly fine? Gimme a break, Gene!
Couldn't agree more. I've never like fantasy football even before the "gambling" hullabaloo. But if someone wants to waste their time and bet money on it, who cares? And I don't find the commercials any more irritating than any of the commercials you see over and over again. They're all teeth grating.

Want to bet on a football game? More power to you. Quite frankly, the league was built on it, all the old guard owners liked a good bet, but for some reason it apparently makes some church goers uncomfortable.
oldecapecod11

Post by oldecapecod11 »

by MatthewToy » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:42 am
"I'd rather watch the same commercial a thousand times in a row instead of Big Brother getting involved in my life. I know gambling when I see it and I'd like to choose whether I wanna participate in it or not. Daily fantasy sites are bad but the state lottery is perfectly fine? Gimme a break, Gene!
The New England Patriots cheated to win four Super Bowls.
"

How absurd!
The biggest brother of them all directs every phase of the little lemmings' lives and they are deluded into thinking they have a choice.
They are told what to drive, where to get gas, which tires to use, what to eat, what to wear, where to go, what to do, when to do it
and what they can do while waiting.
All they can do is bend the knee, bow and cry "Yes, big brother goodfella, may I go now and search for a non-existent 'Guilty' finding?"
Are such mindless individuals actually breeding?
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister