Which nfl Team Will Be the First?

oldecapecod11

Post by oldecapecod11 »

Surely, it will come.
Meanwhile, do you realize it takes hundreds of people to do what someone like, say, Bill Stern could do by himself at halftime?
And it isn't any better...

washingtonpost.com
© 1996-2015 The Washington Post
New Zealand’s haka is the world’s most perfect act of nationalism

http://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/other/new ... ar-AAezILf
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister
Rupert Patrick

Re: Which nfl Team Will Be the First?

Post by Rupert Patrick »

If some NFL team tried that, I'm sure some group would get offended that the symbol represents something offensive, and it would be classified as some sort of expression of racism or sexism or something else with -ism tacked on the end of it. This has become a society in which children are no longer allowed to play the game tag because it might possibly stigmatize some child to have to be "it".
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

Rupert Patrick wrote:If some NFL team tried that, I'm sure some group would get offended that the symbol represents something offensive, and it would be classified as some sort of expression of racism or sexism or something else with -ism tacked on the end of it. This has become a society in which children are no longer allowed to play the game tag because it might possibly stigmatize some child to have to be "it".
Nailed it.
oldecapecod11

Post by oldecapecod11 »

Isn't it strange?

Internationally, millions of Rugby fans find the intimidating war dance of a native New Zealand culture to be entertaining
and challenging by the New Zealand ALL BLACKS - as the national team is known.

Here, however, in the "land of the free" the Amendment-guaranteed freedom of expression is suppressed by those
who might not have been skillful enough to "find" their chums in a childhood game.

We had mixed gender games of "Hide-and-Go-Seek" and being "it" was sometimes fun if your quest was for your current "light of love"
- especially if she did not make a great attempt to "hide."
Once in a while, a boy watched - or practiced "Hopscotch" with another of his ilk or, most likely, alone.

If memory serves, the "its" of America did a pretty good job freeing the world of swastikas and meatballs.

Isn't it odd? Tebow was ridiculed for a display of thanks yet other bozos jump into the stands or have a compelling need
to perform a fool's dance.
~ Arnie Weinmeister
Citizen

Post by Citizen »

Rupert Patrick wrote: This has become a society in which children are no longer allowed to play the game tag because it might possibly stigmatize some child to have to be "it".
I walk my dog past an elementary school every day during the lunch hour, and every day there are two or three groups of kids playing tag -- within plain sight of politically correct teachers and neo-Nazi administrators!

That's what's happening in the real world. Your fantasies may vary.
luckyshow

Post by luckyshow »

Was there a beginning to this topic that was removed? The first to do what?

And I still eat meatballs, was that code for something?
oldecapecod11

Post by oldecapecod11 »

by luckyshow » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:22 pm
"Was there a beginning to this topic that was removed? The first to do what?
"And I still eat meatballs, was that code for something?"

The first post was the "beginning." Click on the link. Enjoy the show.

See insert for "swastika" and "meatball."
Without those "its" you might be eating rice balls - not meatballs.
Attachments
ss.jpg
ss.jpg (55.87 KiB) Viewed 15412 times
~ Arnie Weinmeister
JohnR

Post by JohnR »

I thought "meatballs' might be a reference to fascist Italians, but I get it now.
Citizen...those folks watching the kids play are called "yard duties" and they're an absolute necessity to help resolve playground disputes & nip the bullying in the bud. Ever read Lord Of The Flies?
Kids are savages!
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

Coincidentally, on the local news tonight they mentioned how a school district here in the Great State of Washington just banned tag. Following the lead of many schools and school districts across the nation over the past half decade plus. As everyone knows, or evidently not. I guess Rupert is living in the real world after all.
oldecapecod11

Post by oldecapecod11 »

What everybody should know is that a parents' group opposing the ban has already been formed and is gathering momentum as you read.
The district has a population of only 20,000 and 330 have already joined the opposing group.

Meanwhile, "across the nation," one school in Nashua, New Hampshire banned tag two years ago.
Just over the northern Massachusetts border, Nashua was well known for its liquor stores and the Massachusetts people who crossed over
to buy booze that was not taxed as dearly as it was in the home of the bean and the cod.
In the film Good Will Hunting, Matt Damon's character Will Hunting says,
"I wanna move up to Nashua, get a nice little spread, get some sheep and tend to them," to Robin Williams' character Sean.
Maybe that school in Nashua has a sheep tending area nearby where the kids can practice.

Along the same line and at about the same time as Nashua, one school in New York banned playing with balls.
They did not specify if exceptions were made for over- or under-inflated balls - just no balls at all.
Sounds like a "fun" school...

By the way, if you accept that the average US family size is 3.13 people, that means the opposition has already gathered
about 5% of the population.
Not too shabby for a start...

Edited to add NY ball ban link
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/0 ... 65353.html
~ Arnie Weinmeister