Suddenly... It's Gambling!

7DnBrnc53

Re: Suddenly... It's Gambling!

Post by 7DnBrnc53 »

Rupert Patrick wrote:
7DnBrnc53 wrote:I hope that real gambling is legalized in this country. Then, there may be more oversight and easier detection of fixes. However, as Brian Tuohy said in this interview, the sports leagues in this country don't want that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTccgZKkouk
And if you go to that site of his, he cut and pasted the thread of our questions and his replies to them (until he was booted off by the moderators) about fixed games in the NFL that was done without our consent. I don't endorse that book of his, but if your read his website, it seems to imply that I do.
The PFRA is mentioned in this thread near the bottom of the page: http://www.thefixisin.net/newsfeed.html

Here is an excerpt:
After this thread grew for about two weeks and as the debate heated up, suddenly the rug was pulled out from under everyone as the administrator locked the thread, ending it by citing "ruffled feathers and nit picking." Excuse me, but since my book and by extension myself were the center of this debate, wouldn't I be the one to complain? Shouldn't I have a say in the matter? Apparently not. Is it censorship?
I couldn't find the other stuff that you were talking about (the cutting and pasting of the thread, and your supposed endorsement of his book) on his website. However, on another site, I found these links:

http://superfraud.blogspot.com/2012/05/ ... s-vis.html

http://superfraud.blogspot.com/2012/05/ ... tball.html

Here is an excerpt from the first part:
This is one place I will disagree with Tuohy. I believe that any meaningful sporting event in which it is feasibly possible for the game to be fixed is fixed.

There may well be sporting events in which the disparity between the two teams is so large that the best you can do is keep the margin down. But, as we all know, sports are a business -- and what business, especially with billions on the table (nine of them, at least, in the NFL!), operates under that many variables?
Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

I'm not going to copy all of his rubbish, but to me he was like one of those Climate Change nuts, when it's hotter than expected, when it's colder than expected, or too much rain, or not enough rain, or too many hurricanes, or not enough hurricanes, they always find a way to blame it on global warming, or global cooling, or whatever they're calling it this week. This guy believes all the Super Bowls are fixed, but who decided that New England was going to beat Seattle in Super Bowl 49 before the fact? The Commissioner? The so-called Goodfellas? Do the owners flip a coin between them the week before the game to decide? If they know beforehand, why haven't more players come forward with knowledge of fixed games? And if Seattle had won that game, he would have produced evidence to prove the game was fixed in Seattle's favor. I just don't buy it.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
7DnBrnc53

Post by 7DnBrnc53 »

Rupert Patrick wrote:I'm not going to copy all of his rubbish, but to me he was like one of those Climate Change nuts, when it's hotter than expected, when it's colder than expected, or too much rain, or not enough rain, or too many hurricanes, or not enough hurricanes, they always find a way to blame it on global warming, or global cooling, or whatever they're calling it this week. This guy believes all the Super Bowls are fixed, but who decided that New England was going to beat Seattle in Super Bowl 49 before the fact? The Commissioner? The so-called Goodfellas? Do the owners flip a coin between them the week before the game to decide? If they know beforehand, why haven't more players come forward with knowledge of fixed games? And if Seattle had won that game, he would have produced evidence to prove the game was fixed in Seattle's favor. I just don't buy it.
Well, to be fair, Brian said that he doesn't believe that all games are altered. He just believes that the leagues will try to promote a storyline and give it advantages to keep it going (Tebow in 2011 and the Pats after 9/11 may be examples).

Along those lines, he mentioned something about SB 44, and how the league may have wanted the Saints to win because of Katrina. Five years ago, Brian went on radio with the Sports Junkies in Washington, D.C. and suggested that Peyton could have been asked to throw the game because of a scowl that he had on his face before kickoff.

If that's really true that the league wanted the Saints to win for more money and revenue, than I think that the NFL owners and Goodell are bigger ***holes than I thought they were, and they should just label themselves pro wrestling. They already consider themselves entertainment, not a sport.
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »

7DnBrnc53 wrote:
Rupert Patrick wrote:I'm not going to copy all of his rubbish, but to me he was like one of those Climate Change nuts, when it's hotter than expected, when it's colder than expected, or too much rain, or not enough rain, or too many hurricanes, or not enough hurricanes, they always find a way to blame it on global warming, or global cooling, or whatever they're calling it this week. This guy believes all the Super Bowls are fixed, but who decided that New England was going to beat Seattle in Super Bowl 49 before the fact? The Commissioner? The so-called Goodfellas? Do the owners flip a coin between them the week before the game to decide? If they know beforehand, why haven't more players come forward with knowledge of fixed games? And if Seattle had won that game, he would have produced evidence to prove the game was fixed in Seattle's favor. I just don't buy it.
Along those lines, he mentioned something about SB 44, and how the league may have wanted the Saints to win because of Katrina. Five years ago, Brian went on radio with the Sports Junkies in Washington, D.C. and suggested that Peyton could have been asked to throw the game because of a scowl that he had on his face before kickoff.

If that's really true that the league wanted the Saints to win for more money and revenue, than I think that the NFL owners and Goodell are bigger ***holes than I thought they were, and they should just label themselves pro wrestling. They already consider themselves entertainment, not a sport.
This is the most idiotic part of his absurd scenario. He actually said this to a listening audience, as if virtually every other player doesn't have the same look before every game. It's called a Game Face. :roll:
oldecapecod11

Post by oldecapecod11 »

Unless it has been removed, the Tuohy thread

"The Fix Is In" - Book by Brian Tuohy - Started by Marble_Eye

is somewhere near Page 18

There are about 150 Posts. Coincidentally, the last post was also by MarbleEye.

Last post by MarbleEye
Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:47 pm

So... it is easiest to find if you scroll to December 21, 2014 entries.
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

BD Sullivan wrote:This is the most idiotic part of his absurd scenario. He actually said this to a listening audience, as if virtually every other player doesn't have the same look before every game. It's called a Game Face. :roll:
Facial expressions are a sure giveaway that the fix is in. I liked the guy who said that Len Dawson fixed games, pointing to factually incorrect evidence that Dawson's guilt was proven by him being injured a lot. Makes sense, because if I'm a gambler and I am looking to fix an NFL game, the guy I want involved is the player thats on IR.
MarbleEye

Post by MarbleEye »

oldecapecod11 wrote:Unless it has been removed, the Tuohy thread

Last post by MarbleEye

Just to be clear here... My interest in the book was primarily motivated by interest in game fiving &/or point shaving allegations about Bobby Layne, especially in the Pre-Pete Rozelle NFL. I think in those days it would have been easily possible for Layne or anyone else for that matter to have done so easily. My gut feeling is that he probably did at least shave points, but I have no proof, of course, and so would say nothing beyond that.

The author heard about the thread from a friend (not me I do not know him personally, although after he joined the thread we did correspond a bit, briefly via E-mail) and decided to enter and participate in the discussion.
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »

I'm assuming that since it didn't fit the author's preconceived narrative, the fact that Layne was traded to Pittsburgh for a legitimate reason was unimportant. Layne's former coach, Buddy Parker, gave up Earl Morrall, a second and a fourth to get him, which hardly sounds like he was hastily traded to cover up a gambling scandal. At the time, Layne was 31, and as previously mentioned, Tobin Rote was coming off leading the Lions to a title. Layne's off-the-field exploits probably didn't make the idea of keeping a quarterback that age around sound that great.
7DnBrnc53

Post by 7DnBrnc53 »

MarbleEye wrote:
oldecapecod11 wrote:Unless it has been removed, the Tuohy thread

Last post by MarbleEye

Just to be clear here... My interest in the book was primarily motivated by interest in game fiving &/or point shaving allegations about Bobby Layne, especially in the Pre-Pete Rozelle NFL. I think in those days it would have been easily possible for Layne or anyone else for that matter to have done so easily. My gut feeling is that he probably did at least shave points, but I have no proof, of course, and so would say nothing beyond that.

The author heard about the thread from a friend (not me I do not know him personally, although after he joined the thread we did correspond a bit, briefly via E-mail) and decided to enter and participate in the discussion.
I thought that the guy who does the Super Fraud blog (the blog that I put links to above that dealt with that Tuohy thread) told Brian about that thread, but he didn't say he did, so I am not sure.

Even though I agree with him at times, that guy is crazier than Tuohy. He believes that SB's 40 and 43 were rigged because the Steelers have more fans than the Seahawks and Cardinals.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

MarbleEye wrote:
...hmm....sounds like a Len Dawson/Donald "Dice" Dawson situation....