2015 Predictions

74_75_78_79_

2015 Predictions

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

Whether its final standings/playoffs/SB or who'll make Pro Bowl, Coach of Year, Rookie of Year, MVP, etc, what do you all think will happen in this upcoming 2015 campaign?
JohnH19

Re: 2015 Predictions

Post by JohnH19 »

I think that, if their key personnel stay reasonably healthy, the Vikings will push the Packers. Nothing else matters much to me anymore.
JuggernautJ

Post by JuggernautJ »

I predict the 19-1 San Jose Sabercats will win the Arena Bowl tomorrow.
Go 'Cats!

I predict I'll become fed up with the incessant commercials sooner rather than later and continue my pattern of watching less and less NFL football with each passing season.

NFL-wise the conservative thinking would say its hard to pick anyone else in the NFC other than Seattle.
Sadly, (for us 'Niners fans especially) that team looks built to last (barring catastrophic injuries).

In the AFC the Patriots look to have as good a chance as anyone of going to the Super Bowl.
It would be cool to see Peyton win the Title and retire. A fitting end to a great career.

I'll be rooting for the Niners and the Steelers.
Reaser

Post by Reaser »

JuggernautJ wrote:I predict the 19-1 San Jose Sabercats will win the Arena Bowl tomorrow.
Go 'Cats!
San Jose will easily win. Soul would have been a better game than the Sharks.

At least Arizona didn't make it - again - this year. Though before the Shock moved up to the 'major' leagues the Rattlers were the team I rooted for.

Random story. When I lived in Phoenix (for JUCO football) I went to the gas station in the middle of the night and there was a Rattlers fan (they had won that night) decked out with the Hunkie Cooper jersey, face paint, some hat/mask with snakes going all over and everything and it was just him and I in the place and he was screaming about the game - to no one in particular - for a good five minutes. Intoxicated to say the least, but it was classic. Gotta love Arena Football fans.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

I'll be rooting for the Niners and the Steelers.
Same here. My favorite teams from each conference.

I think the latest ESPN Magazine gets it right for SB 50. Seahawks over Colts.

Surprise playoff teams: Rams & Vikings
Surprise teams to plummet to 5-11 or lower: 49ers & Chiefs
JWL

Post by JWL »

JuggernautJ wrote:I predict the 19-1 San Jose Sabercats will win the Arena Bowl tomorrow.
Go 'Cats!

I predict I'll become fed up with the incessant commercials sooner rather than later and continue my pattern of watching less and less NFL football with each passing season.
I will watch more commercials because I cancelled Sunday Ticket this year. I would have had to pay $41.99 for six months. The representative offered me a deal of $32.99 for six months. That was not good enough so bye bye Sunday Ticket for this season.

I predict there will be a continuation of the stupid crap that is pulling me away from the game.
74_75_78_79_

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

AFC

East: Pats (1), Bills, Dolphins, Jets

North: Steelers (3), Bengals (5), Ravens (6), Browns

South: Colts (2), Texans, Jags, Titans

West: Chargers (4), Broncos, Raiders, Chiefs

First-round: Steelers over Ravens, Chargers over Bengals

Divisional: Pats over Chargers, Steelers over Colts

AFCC: Pats over Steelers

NFC

East: Cowboys (2), Eagles, Giants, Redskins

North: Packers (3), Lions (6), Vikings, Bears

South: Falcons (4), Panthers, Saints, Bucs

West: Rams (1), Seahawks (5), Cards, Niners

First-round: Packers over Lions, Seahawks over Falcons

Divisional: Rams over Seattle, Cowboys over Packers

NFCC: Rams over Cowboys

SUPER BOWL L: New England over St. Louis - Tom Brady MVP

Barring my Steelers getting it done, I really would like to see Seattle be the first team ever to win a Bowl, lose a Bowl the next year, then 'bookend' that loss with another title the very following year. I lean ever so slightly with Rams getting in the way though. Should Seahawks get out of NFC after all which of course is still very likely, they have good chance to do this very thing, even if against NE. Brady will be 'pissed' - pursue that repeat with a 'vengeance' (of course not that there's anything to be...'vengeful' about - he should have been straight-forward from the start). I predict he will win at least 11 of the 12 regular season games in which he'll be back if not win all 12. SBL is the site of Brady's stomping grounds, his favorite team growing up (parents had season tickets) that didn't draft him. They'll be real tough to beat, unless they play Seattle again which then will be another down-to-the-wire, contrast in styles, chess match that'll go either way.

Dan Quinn will win Coach of the Year.

Peyton Manning retires at season's end clearing a spot for him in you-know-where, Ohio, 2021.
7DnBrnc53

Post by 7DnBrnc53 »

AFC Champion: Broncos. Their defense is going to be really good this year, and the offensive line won't be as bad as people thought. Rookie OT Ty Sambrailo is doing a decent job, they just picked up Pro Bowl G Evan Mathis, and young C Matt Paradis is doing well. They also got rid of John Fox, Jack Del Rio, and Adam Gase, which is addition by subtraction.

NFC Champion: Packers. I think that they will get over the hump this year, and get back into the Super Bowl for the first time in five years. They should have all the motivation in the world after what happened in Seattle.

World Champion: Broncos. Manning finally wins a ring for Denver and walks off into the sunset, leaving the job to a young Brock Osweiler for 2016.
74_75_78_79_

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

7DnBrnc53 wrote:AFC Champion: Broncos. Their defense is going to be really good this year, and the offensive line won't be as bad as people thought. Rookie OT Ty Sambrailo is doing a decent job, they just picked up Pro Bowl G Evan Mathis, and young C Matt Paradis is doing well. They also got rid of John Fox, Jack Del Rio, and Adam Gase, which is addition by subtraction.

NFC Champion: Packers. I think that they will get over the hump this year, and get back into the Super Bowl for the first time in five years. They should have all the motivation in the world after what happened in Seattle.

World Champion: Broncos. Manning finally wins a ring for Denver and walks off into the sunset, leaving the job to a young Brock Osweiler for 2016.
Maybe you're right. And I'm not rooting against Peyton, yet alone Broncos, winning one again (nor rooting against he continuing on beyond '15) but just have a feeling Denver's 'window' may have closed. From the very start, losing at home to Baltimore in '12 (possibly the ultimate telltale), then getting trounced vs Seattle in what "should have" been a good game, then losing at home to no-defense Indy...not a pattern which begs to predict anything better. As for Peyton, whether he wins it all, makes it to the Bowl and loses, loses yet again to a lower-seeded team in the playoffs, or (especially) doesn't make playoffs at all, I can't help but think he'll likely call it quits after this year; especially the 'borrowed' time he's been on since his neck situation (why not "quit while ahead" from a post-career/rest of life health standpoint). Then again, I could be wrong. Wish your Broncos luck just the same along with Peyton's well being for as long as he wishes to keep playing.
BD Sullivan

Post by BD Sullivan »

Peyton's numbers dropped off in the last five games of last year's regular season. In the first 11 games, he averaged 323 yards, 3 TD passes and less than a pick per game. In the last five, he averaged 234 yards, one TD pass and slightly over a pick per game. Then, in the playoff loss to Indy, he only managed 211 yards and one TD pass.

The Broncos appear to be trying to avoid any exhaustion issues by barely playing him this preseason.