Mitchell and Ness Throwback Jerseys

JoeZagorski

Mitchell and Ness Throwback Jerseys

Post by JoeZagorski »

I have been trying to plead and beg the folks at Mitchell and Ness to re-introduce their 1971 John Brockington Green Bay throwback jersey, but they say that they need a minimum of 300 pre-arranged sales and permission from Mr. Brockington before they put those splendid jerseys back on the shelves. At this point, I think that it will take an inspired act of God for me to get what I want...a size 48 Brockington jersey. If any of you guys ever find one, PLEASE let me know. Thanks!
Sincerely,
Joe Zagorski
Ronfitch

Re: Mitchell and Ness Throwback Jerseys

Post by Ronfitch »

You might contact Brockington himself (only half kidding).
"Now, I want pizza." 
 - Ken Crippen
MatthewToy

Post by MatthewToy »

Rupert Patrick

Post by Rupert Patrick »

It's one of those things, I guess, that you have to keep searching for on Ebay every single day for. I know how that is, there is a certain very rare sports book (1977 Baseball Abstract) that I spent five years looking for, searching for on Ebay daily, and about ten years ago it finally came up for auction. It turned out to be one of the 75 original editions, not a reprint. I got in a huge bidding war and it cost me nearly a thousand dollars but I know if I ever have to sell it I will be able to get my money out of it. I would also check Amazon and other bidding sites daily. Also Craigslist. You might also consider putting an ad on Craigslist saying you are looking for one in pristine condition. You could also try some of the Packer fan forums and put posts there. If you get an entry into google searches saying you are looking for one, you might find a seller that way.
"Every time you lose, you die a little bit. You die inside. Not all your organs, maybe just your liver." - George Allen
oldecapecod11

Post by oldecapecod11 »

A shot in the dark...

And, too bad if we have to be critical of the "new" forum and all the mistakes.

In the old forum, I believe, there was a thread about a woman that found "pristine" game-worn jerseys saved (unknown to her and the family) by her now-deceased husband.
Perhaps if you google that "find" in a few different sequences, you can come up with her name and a means of contact.
Who knows, old JB's jersey might be right on top?

Good Luck...

PS If someone knows the where-abouts of that storyline, maybe they can help?
"It was a different game when I played.
When a player made a good play, he didn't jump up and down.
Those kinds of plays were expected."
~ Arnie Weinmeister