Hope this doesn't sound like a rant ...

BD Sullivan

Re: Hope this doesn't sound like a rant ...

Post by BD Sullivan »

RyanChristiansen wrote:
Sonny9 wrote:
RyanChristiansen wrote:Mean Joe Greene says he couldn’t play in today’s NFL. https://www.forbes.com/sites/terencemoo ... odern-nfl/
I think if someone shows him Kalil Macks salary, he'd change his mind. ;)
No, his point is that his style of play wouldn’t be allowed. He was effective because of how he was allowed to play.
Yeah, I'm guessing his groin kicks or punches to the gut might draw a bit of a fine. :lol:
JWL

Post by JWL »

I haven't been able to confirm or deny this as factual, but some person elsewhere on the internet stated that since 1980, the team that had the best 5-game stretch of sheer rushing yardage were the Ravens from way back in 2018. Numbers 2-5 on the list were the 1984 Rams (they had multiple highly productive 5-game stretches).

It is also notable that this past weekend was the second ever in which the Cowboys and Giants combined for 0 points. The other time this happened was during the Divisional Playoffs in early January of 1986.

So it was interesting to me that this stuff happened in this year where some folks are upset with the Big 12 nature of the NFL and not enough running and not enough defense and what not.

I actually am enjoying this season and my team is dreadful.
TanksAndSpartans

Post by TanksAndSpartans »

There have been a few good defensive performances recently in contrast to how the thread started out. Cowboys held the Saints scoring down with a 13-10 win and the Bears dominated the Rams high scoring offense 15-6.

Not to derail the thread, but caught some of the Rams again last night. How are they wearing two different uniforms all season? I haven't noticed this with any other team, but don't pay attention that closely.
JWL

Post by JWL »

TanksAndSpartans wrote:Not to derail the thread, but caught some of the Rams again last night. How are they wearing two different uniforms all season? I haven't noticed this with any other team, but don't pay attention that closely.

I do not understand everything about the current Rams uniform situation. The uniform with the white jerseys with gold trim are their base uniforms but not many people seem to like those. The Rams wear their throwbacks as much as possible. In late September it was noted on NFLN or during a game broadcast that the Rams would be wearing their throwbacks at home for all their remaining home games after a certain point. There are rules on how often a team can wear their throwbacks or color rush uniforms. I thought it was three times but I could be mistaken. Maybe some sort of exception is being made for the Rams.

I think the Rams don't want to make the Eric Dickerson-era uniforms as the base uniforms because they would be stuck with them for several years. The Rams still may want to go with a brand new look for 2020 when they play in their new stadium.
Bob Gill

Post by Bob Gill »

JWL wrote:So it was interesting to me that this stuff happened in this year where some folks are upset with the Big 12 nature of the NFL and not enough running and not enough defense and what not.

Yes, I've been meaning to mention that here myself. After what seemed like an endless stream of 42-37 games in the first few weeks, things have changed drastically around the NFL. I don't know what caused it, but I enjoy seeing games where it looks like the offense really has to work to score. I hope this keeps up.
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

JWL wrote:I haven't been able to confirm or deny this as factual, but some person elsewhere on the internet stated that since 1980, the team that had the best 5-game stretch of sheer rushing yardage were the Ravens from way back in 2018. Numbers 2-5 on the list were the 1984 Rams (they had multiple highly productive 5-game stretches).

It is also notable that this past weekend was the second ever in which the Cowboys and Giants combined for 0 points. The other time this happened was during the Divisional Playoffs in early January of 1986.

So it was interesting to me that this stuff happened in this year where some folks are upset with the Big 12 nature of the NFL and not enough running and not enough defense and what not.

Could be that there was a memo sent out to the officials to perhaps let more things go regarding defensive holding, illegal contact, PI. It was getting to be absolutely absurd regarding ticky tack calls and how the defensive player could not even breath on a receiver

Last week was a welcome change. Balanced football