Inane trivia for 2018

Bryan

Re: Inane trivia for 2018

Post by Bryan »

Name the first four (4) players to have 67+ receptions in their rookie year.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Resisting the urge to cheat and look it up. Here's a wild guess......

Charley Hennigan
Lionel Taylor
Mike Ditka
John Jefferson
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

ChrisBabcock wrote:Resisting the urge to cheat and look it up. Here's a wild guess......

Charley Hennigan
Lionel Taylor
Mike Ditka
John Jefferson
Cheating is encouraged. None of those answers are correct.
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

Still guessing and not cheating....

Harlon Hill
Billy Howton
Otis Taylor
Sterling Sharpe

EDIT: All of the above are wrong. I looked up the answer but I'll let other folks take a stab at this. :) One guy was probably coming up in my queue of guesses. Two others I would not have suspected at first but I’m not surprised about. The fourth is someone I’ve never heard of before now.
Todd Pence

Post by Todd Pence »

An educated guess . . .

Bill Groman
Cris Collinsworth
Randy Moss
Anquan Boldin
74_75_78_79_

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

I haven’t a CLUE! But as far as...”cheating” is concerned? Nothing wrong with that at all in that in order to...”cheat”, you have to...RESEARCH! And isn’t what this site is, sort of, named after?? And, just the same, a simple internet/wiki/Google won’t give you the answer right away in either event.

I’d love to know the actual answer; especially the one who’s never been heard about before! But in the meantime, I thought I offer a much easier one...

What NFL HC, while he was a HC, put up a 9-0 career record against NFL franchises from Pennsylvania? His final three seasons as an NFL HC, he didn’t coach against a Pennsylvania franchise at all?
ChrisBabcock

Post by ChrisBabcock »

What NFL HC, while he was a HC, put up a 9-0 career record against NFL franchises from Pennsylvania? His final three seasons as an NFL HC, he didn’t coach against a Pennsylvania franchise at all?
Mike Ditka
74_75_78_79_

Post by 74_75_78_79_ »

ChrisBabcock wrote:
Mike Ditka
You got it! Nice!

The first two of his ‘PA’ wins (both vs Philly, vs Swamp Fox) was in ’83, his first 16-game campaign. It was a case of Bears & Philly technically finishing in 5th in ’82 being the reason they played each other twice.

The irony of Ditka vs Buddy is that in all his (4-0) wins vs him, the closest Buddy came to winning was actually in ’86, Week #2, his very first year at helm building Eagles from scratch. Yet Buddy, on the road, brings the 14-2-to-be defending-SB-shuffle-Champs into OT while never playing da Bears quite close again in the remaining affairs despite Birds further improving as Bears further digress.

Irony of Ditka’s 3-0 mark over Steelers (Ditka FROM...da ’Burgh)? Steelers’ best game in that run was also in ’86! A bad Steeler team also taking the defending-Champs into OT at Soldier Field! The two other times Iron Mike wins, ’89 (again vs Noll) & ’92 (vs Cowher in his first year as HC), a bad Bears teams convincingly beats a playoff-bound Steeler team!

As Saints’ skipper, ’97 thru ’99, he never HC’d against Eagles nor Steelers (although he got to go against Vermeil who retired after ’82 - Bears & Birds not playing each other in ’82).

Okay...so what’s the answer of the LAST question??
JWL

Post by JWL »

Earl Cooper
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Todd Pence wrote:An educated guess . . .

Bill Groman
Cris Collinsworth
Randy Moss
Anquan Boldin
Groman and Collinsworth are 2 of the 4.