NFL Throwback YouTube channel ranks every Super Bowl winner, and loser in two seperate videos.

SeahawkFever

Re: NFL Throwback YouTube channel ranks every Super Bowl winner, and loser in two seperate videos.

Post by SeahawkFever »

Bryan wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 1:07 pm
SeahawkFever wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 3:26 pm I revise my old opinion, if Fran Tarkenton doesn’t play for the Giants, I think the 1969 Vikings potentially go down as the 2007 Patriots of their generation, and could’ve won it all in 1970.
But if hypothetically Tarkenton never goes to the Giants, then the Vikings don't have Ron Yary at RT (or Clint Jones or Bob Grim).
Hadn’t thought about that. Blocking likely would be worse without Yary.
SeahawkFever

Re: NFL Throwback YouTube channel ranks every Super Bowl winner, and loser in two seperate videos.

Post by SeahawkFever »

7DnBrnc53 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 7:24 pm
CSKreager wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 4:19 pm
7DnBrnc53 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 7:25 pm

Not in the playoffs, they didn't. The Vikings and Rams turned out to be roadkill, and then they ran into a team with a sick QB and a coach running the wrong defense in the Super Bowl. .
And beating the 9-7 Giants/Steve Fuller is supposed to impress me?
No, it's not. I am saying that both teams didn't really play anyone in the playoffs. I am a hard-core 49er hater, dude.
Are you a fan of a rival team of theirs?
CSKreager

Post by CSKreager »

What to make of the 05 Steelers?

Yes they were a 6 seed and had an iffy resume against good teams but they were 11-5 and had no margin of error. Heck if they lose one of those MNF October games they lose tiebreaker to KC

The Chiefs had conference record tiebreaker but interconference was the difference