Opening Weekend 2024 Season

SeahawkFever

Re: Opening Weekend 2024 Season

Post by SeahawkFever »

JohnH19 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 12:38 am Yes, it’s the coaching staff’s overwhelming fear of the dreaded interception that has neutered many a quarterback. Sigh…
Stafford completed 34 passes for 317 yards.
One thing I notice is that in general in more recent generations, people don’t bring up a quarterback’s yards per completion much or a receiver’s yards per reception much.
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

TanksAndSpartans wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 9:54 am The dynamic kickoff took me by surprise. When I first saw everyone stand still after the ball was kicked, I honestly thought my video feed had glitched. Does anyone know if there was an onside kick over the weekend? I'm not clear on the change around that part. Do you have to notify the officials before attempting one?

The dynamic KO are anything but.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Aubrey for Dallas might have the strongest leg I have ever seen. Easily kicked a 66 yard FG that was called back ...
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Brian wolf wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 12:15 am The Bears comeback and win an ugly game against the Titans with Levis playing horrible in the second half. I can't remember a team winning a game with a passer throwing less than 100 yards, their leading runner with 30 yards and leading receiver with 36 yards?
Caleb Williams' had a very underwhelming debut considering all they hype. He wasn't any different than Justin Fields....who won a game by 'directing' his team to a series of 50-yard FGs. Its too bad that Jordan Love got hurt on the last play of the game; I think the same thing happened to Lynn Dickey when he broke his leg on literally the last play of a Rams blowout and ended up missing a year and a half. The only upset IMO so far is the Pats beating the Bengals. Everything else was pretty much expected.
SeahawkFever

Post by SeahawkFever »

Bryan wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 2:01 pm
Brian wolf wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2024 12:15 am The Bears comeback and win an ugly game against the Titans with Levis playing horrible in the second half. I can't remember a team winning a game with a passer throwing less than 100 yards, their leading runner with 30 yards and leading receiver with 36 yards?
Caleb Williams' had a very underwhelming debut considering all they hype. He wasn't any different than Justin Fields....who won a game by 'directing' his team to a series of 50-yard FGs. Its too bad that Jordan Love got hurt on the last play of the game; I think the same thing happened to Lynn Dickey when he broke his leg on literally the last play of a Rams blowout and ended up missing a year and a half. The only upset IMO so far is the Pats beating the Bengals. Everything else was pretty much expected.
I didn’t expect the Vikings to get as convincing a win as they did. Giants aren’t that good, but I didn’t expect much out of Minnesota this season going in.
JohnH19

Post by JohnH19 »

I had the Vikings over/under at 7.5 before their convincing rout of the Giants.
Brian wolf

Post by Brian wolf »

Some of these roughing the passer/personal foul phantom calls were hard to believe. On one play, the penalty was called with the defender barely touching Kyle Murray, as he jumped over him with Murray going down after a run. I realize these calls are gonna happen--and affect games-- but it can't be that blatantly ridiculous. You could visualize Gene Steratore rolling his eyes as he discussed that call ...
racepug

Post by racepug »

As of right now it looks like a battle between CAR and the NYG for "worst team in the league" this season.

Looks like Munich came up "snake eyes" on their game this season: https://brobible.com/sports/article/gia ... e-germany/

I'm with "Crazy Packers Fan" - I e-mailed a N.Y. sports fan friend of mine last night that it wouldn't surprise me in the least if both Brian Daboll and Daniel Jones are looking for new jobs after this season.