Florio bent out of shape for fumble/TB rule but silent on Tush Push

Brian wolf

Re: Florio bent out of shape for fumble/TB rule but silent on Tush Push

Post by Brian wolf »

After complaining from Florio about Taylor for the Chiefs against the Lions, the officials took a closer look at Taylor yesterday, resulting in penalties and a bad game.
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

rhickok1109 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:39 pm
JeffreyMiller wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:54 am
rhickok1109 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:45 am I think the Tush Push will be legal until a starting QB gets hurt by it. Then there will be a big outcry and pushing the runner will be against the rules again.
Reminiscent of the mass momentum plays of the game's early days ...
Exactly. The rule against pushing or pulling the runner was one of several rules enacted to get rid of those mass momentum plays and I have no idea why they suddenly decided that pushing was okay but pulling should still be forbidden.
I have a hunch it has to do with trying to give every advantage possible to the offense. Stacked up at the 1...push em in. Same reason they allow those absurd sticky gloves (which I make regular one handed catches with when I put them on)
Bob Gill

Post by Bob Gill »

sheajets wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:38 pmI have a hunch it has to do with trying to give every advantage possible to the offense. Stacked up at the 1...push em in. Same reason they allow those absurd sticky gloves (which I make regular one handed catches with when I put them on)
That's probably the reason. Same way they now allow the offense to snap the ball even a full second after the play clock has hit zero. And same way they dropped the 5-yard penalty for a minor facemask violation. Why give the offense just 5 yards if a tackler's hand just brushes the facemash when you can give them 15?
sheajets

Post by sheajets »

Bob Gill wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:48 pm
sheajets wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:38 pmI have a hunch it has to do with trying to give every advantage possible to the offense. Stacked up at the 1...push em in. Same reason they allow those absurd sticky gloves (which I make regular one handed catches with when I put them on)
That's probably the reason. Same way they now allow the offense to snap the ball even a full second after the play clock has hit zero. And same way they dropped the 5-yard penalty for a minor facemask violation. Why give the offense just 5 yards if a tackler's hand just brushes the facemash when you can give them 15?
Yea...the extreme manipulation of it has gotten way out of control

They really want every game to be a track meet played in a glossy climate controlled dome palace. I really do miss the balance the game used to have, as well as its former gritty working class grass environments. You look at a Raiders home game now, Rams home game, Raiders home game, Vikings home game, Falcons etc. All these environments look and feel the same, just swap out colors and logos