The Washington Football Team

sheajets

Re: The Washington Football Team

Post by sheajets »

I have and will always call them the Redskins

There is a petition right now with something like 69,000 signatures asking for their Redskins back. It's pretty clear what the fans of the franchise want

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/commanders- ... ric-return

This of course is not nearly enough and will get ignored.

I was talking to a friend of my brother in law who is helping to drive this (grew up going to RFK) Basically they're starting to realize that until certain folks at the top are made afraid of not listening to the fans then nothing will get done. They have to make it so they have no choice but to name them what the fans want.
JohnR

Post by JohnR »

Whistlepigs
Cali_Eagle

Post by Cali_Eagle »

Washington BUCKSKINS with a pioneer Davy Crockett / Daniel Boone motif like WVU has ("Mountaineers"). This would be after their 1969-70 farm team the Roanoke (VA.) Buckskins of the ACFL (before Pete Rozelle banned farm teams in 1970 or so. Big mistake too. Grow The Game !!!) My first choice is of course "Redskins" but this way fans could keep calling the team the 'Skins. This is not my original idea. I read it somewhere years ago (maybe here IDK) and thought it was a great idea if they were going to wimp out and cave to "White guilt" sufferers and woke pressure. My understanding is that most Indians LIKE the name "Redskins". I surely do and don't consider a slur at all. I think their depiction of Indians has been respectful and even honorable.