Titans vs Steelers game postponed over Covid

JuggernautJ

Re: Titans vs Steelers game postponed over Covid

Post by JuggernautJ »

NWebster wrote: Unequal game count will create chaos I'm playoff qualification...
Wouldn't it be logical to go by win percentage?
Jay Z

Post by Jay Z »

lastcat3 wrote:Patriots and Chiefs game is now postponed as Cam Newton tested positive. Yeah think the league is going to run into some problems with getting all the games in. It is only going to get worse from here.
Baseball didn't really get any worse. They had incidents with a couple of teams, then it calmed down.

With the lack of fans, it will probably be easier to move games to odd times if they need to. Unless they really have their hearts set on having fans in the stands for Super Bowl, which seems dumb, moving it back would really not be a problem. I'm sure it all could be accommodated.
rhickok1109

Post by rhickok1109 »

lastcat3 wrote:Patriots and Chiefs game is now postponed as Cam Newton tested positive. Yeah think the league is going to run into some problems with getting all the games in. It is only going to get worse from here.
I don't understand what they accomplished by postponing the game from Sunday to Monday. Since the mean incubation period is 5 days, even if they tested everybody and all tests were negative, it doesn't prove anything.
JeffreyMiller

Post by JeffreyMiller »

rhickok1109 wrote:
I don't understand what they accomplished by postponing the game from Sunday to Monday. Since the mean incubation period is 5 days, even if they tested everybody and all tests were negative, it doesn't prove anything.
I was thinking the same thing. One day?
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."
SixtiesFan

Post by SixtiesFan »

JuggernautJ wrote:
NWebster wrote: Unequal game count will create chaos I'm playoff qualification...
Wouldn't it be logical to go by win percentage?
In the old days before sudden death overtime percentage was counted when tie games happened.
RichardBak

Post by RichardBak »

Just noticed that the Pro Bowl has been canceled for this season, though rosters will still be announced to satisfy bonus clauses in players' contracts. I haven't watched an entire Pro Bowl in 50 years, so the news just flew by me. However, it does free up an additional week as the regular season inevitably gets pushed back because of Covid. I'm still thinking the Super Bowl won't be played until late Feb/early March.